Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Joshua v Parker

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Not saying it’s impossible for Parker to win. Only takes a punch. But what in Parker’s record makes anyone think he has a chance ?

Parker easily outpointed Takam whilst Joshua who was expected to walk through him ended up having to go 10 rounds and struggle at times ???

Looking forward to seeing that big stiff plumber David Price fight Povetkin on the undercard , I wonder if all the idiots on here who thought he would beat Tyson Fury resurface at all ???

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Parker easily outpointed Takam whilst Joshua who was expected to walk through him ended up having to go 10 rounds and struggle at times ???

Looking forward to seeing that big stiff plumber David Price fight Povetkin on the undercard , I wonder if all the idiots on here who thought he would beat Tyson Fury resurface at all ???

Did you watch Parker v Takam? Your view is a little revisionist in my very humble opinion but each to their own.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Did you watch Parker v Takam? Your view is a little revisionist in my very humble opinion but each to their own.

Parker was a baby when he fought Takam and still won nicely, yet Joshua struggled when he was meant to be in his prime and expected to beat Takam easily. I'd laugh my knackers off if Parker KO'd him and for good luck chinned Eddie 'Turtle neck' Hearn after

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
All depends on how mobile Parker is . If he has good feet and movement then Joshua could have all sorts of trouble as prone to gassing and has a glass chin. If Parker stands in front of AJ he gets blown away mid rounds. Anyone using Parkers performance against Hughie Fury is deluded if they think that is any sort of indicator. Hughie is a horrible opponent for anyone and didn't want to engage at all. I think Parkers odds are really good value.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Parker was a baby when he fought Takam and still won nicely, yet Joshua struggled when he was meant to be in his prime and expected to beat Takam easily. I'd laugh my knackers off if Parker KO'd him and for good luck chinned Eddie 'Turtle neck' Hearn after

Parker fought Takam in his 19th pro fight, Joshua in his 20th. Joshua's "struggle" against Takam was nothing compared to Parker's. Watch it again! Can you imagine Hughie Fury taking Joshua the distance? Regardless, collateral form rarely stands up does it. I hope it's a good contest but my £ needs an early Joshua win and if JP is as open as usual then it's somewhat likely.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Parker fought Takam in his 19th pro fight, Joshua in his 20th. Joshua's "struggle" against Takam was nothing compared to Parker's. Watch it again! Can you imagine Hughie Fury taking Joshua the distance? Regardless, collateral form rarely stands up does it. I hope it's a good contest but my £ needs an early Joshua win and if JP is as open as usual then it's somewhat likely.

Well I'm trying to concoct a case for Parker but I don't think I can, but I can't concoct a case for Joshua early either so my £££ will go on Povetkin in the 1st round

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
I have a feeling that Price might hang around for a few rounds. Main bet Burnett pts.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Looking forward to it, but more interested to see what happens with Canelo - GGG.
Saunders could get a crack at the whip, albeit at 3.5 weeks notice.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
AJ was training and building himself to fight Pulev, a very different prospect to Takam. He still stopped him in ten. I would love it if AJ came out and made a statement this weekend and stopped him early.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton

ERNEST I told you not to comment on boxing again, but as you have how can a points victory over Takam be considered better than a tko over the same opponent made with relative ease ? If you saw the Hughie Fury fight (who hadn’t fought in 2 years) against Parker you wouldn’t even bother with this fishing trip.

LVGull

May 13, 2016
All depends on how mobile Parker is . If he has good feet and movement then Joshua could have all sorts of trouble as prone to gassing and has a glass chin. If Parker stands in front of AJ he gets blown away mid rounds. Anyone using Parkers performance against Hughie Fury is deluded if they think that is any sort of indicator. Hughie is a horrible opponent for anyone and didn't want to engage at all. I think Parkers odds are really good value.

Hopefully Joshua has a jaw like a chandelier at the end.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
ERNEST I told you not to comment on boxing again, but as you have how can a points victory over Takam be considered better than a tko over the same opponent made with relative ease ? If you saw the Hughie Fury fight (who hadn’t fought in 2 years) against Parker you wouldn’t even bother with this fishing trip.

Sorry didn't you know you were a MOD and can tell who is allowed to post and who is not, Joshua struggled to get rid of Takam who everyone thought he would blow away in the first couple of rounds so how is that relative ease ???

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Sorry didn't you know you were a MOD and can tell who is allowed to post and who is not, Joshua struggled to get rid of Takam who everyone thought he would blow away in the first couple of rounds so how is that relative ease ???
Takam also only had 2 weeks notice to prepare for the Joshua bout.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Parker was not that good against Takam either, I would say AJ was far more impressive against Takam than Parker was.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Takam also only had 2 weeks notice to prepare for the Joshua bout.

That it not true it was confirmed 2 weeks prior to the fight but he was put on standby 8-10 weeks earlier so it was reported. He would have been getting fit planning and watching videos of AJ. AJ would have been watching videos and planning for a different fight then had to change his plans and strategy 2 weeks before the date.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
All this talk of AJ having a glass chin is bizarre, he's only been down once as a professional and he got back up again and won the fight.

Fighters with glass chins go down and stay down.

Renegade1

Mar 7, 2018
That's a stretch.

And none of that is true.

I'll kind of give you that one, he's Sky's prize-pony at the moment.
Of course there's going to be massive hype around him to sell tickets.

He's clearly a very talented fighter though, and we'll see just how world-class he is (or isn't), over his next 3 fights.

It's all true.

So who is Joshua going to fight over his next 3 fights that will give us a chance to know if he's world class?

Have I missed some great heavyweights out there?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here