Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Scott Sinclair

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Paper talk. They’re probably talking s***. They always do.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can anyone remember how the RB Leipzig coach described Burke - it certainly wasn't complimentary.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
My suggestions of Burke, Zaha & Ince were due to them being HGP's and us needing an additional winger. I do not think that any are likely to be identified by our own recruitment team as all 3 will be hugely over priced but think all three would be a better option than Scott Sinclair

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Not a bad player but not the sort of signing that offers anything other than squad depth. I also think he would fly in the face of our other signings who have mostly been youngish with potential. The only way we can ever hope to improve on merely aiming to stay up is to buy young and sell on for a profit while using the money to reinforce the squad. No resell value with Sinclair in fact quite the opposite for that reason I'm out...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Sinclair is 29, too old for a winger, hasn't scored for 2 months and currently on the bench which - in a noddy league - is worrying. He still has 2 years on his contract but Celtic only paid £3.5 mill for him. Bournemouth can have him.

Good point. On the bench watching Monkey Tennis means he is nowhere near being good enough for a mid-table Premier League team.

There are probably some great prospects in our free scoring U23s to join Jose, Solly and Knocky in our 1st team squad next season one would imagine.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
I'd be very interested in trying to poach a few from the relegation zone who may also be HGP's
West Brom - Oliver Burke
Crystal Palace - Wilfred Zaha
Huddersfield - Tom Ince

Although Stoke & Southampton have some useful HGP's in other positions to help the quota

Deary me :ffsparr:

Even in the unlikely event of our relegation, where are you going to find the £50m+ required to sign Zaha, and why on earth would he want to play for you? :lolol:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here