Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Sandwiches,Bread Rolls and your personal fillings.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was talking of UK supermarket baguettes and their french bread but as usual, once again you have to try to prove a point by posting a picture of bread in France but the vast majority on here and talking on this thread I would suggest are living in the UK.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I spend half the year away & when I get home, my idea of luxury is sitting in front of the box, with a nice cuppa and a cheese & pickle sarnie. Simple pleasures!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was talking of UK supermarket baguettes and their french bread but as usual, once again you have to try to prove a point by posting a picture of bread in France but the vast majority on here and talking on this thread I would suggest are living in the UK.

No actually.......the small ones are more likely to be known as ‘Batons’ but there’s no actual definition as such.......but once again it’s given you the opportunity to prove that you’re never wrong though [emoji23][emoji23]

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Tesco, Asda and Sainsburys all advertise their 1/2 a french bread as batons @ about 45p each LIDL advertise their rolls about 10 in long @19p as baguettes This is the guidelines that I was using.as opposed to Carrefour in France. If my interpretation is wrong I am sorry.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Red Leicester, caramalised onion marmalade, crunchy lettuce. In tiger bread.

Ham, Red Leicester, salad, mustard, mayonnaise. In a baton.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
He asked your wife for a 'Banjo' and then tells you it's all about 'dripping yolk on his tie'. ???

So trusting.

This reminds me of my favourite “sandwich” as a child - two fried eggs in a well-buttered bap. I used to lick the yolk off the plate after it had dripped off the bap.

What?

Yoda

English & European
mustard, then corned beef, followed by coleslaw, then cheese, beetroot and pickle, job done

Would this suffice if no beetroot?
51VFEAm1xyL._SX385_.jpg

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
At the moment avocado & crab sticks, or avocado, crispy bacon & mayo - only because I have a large surplus of avocados in the garden this year!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
At the moment avocado & crab sticks, or avocado, crispy bacon & mayo - only because I have a large surplus of avocados in the garden this year!

Lucky you......could make guacamole and then freeze it......if freezes well as long as you don't add any tomato/onion (too much water content) - add these after thawing if preferred :drool:

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Lucky you......could make guacamole and then freeze it......if freezes well as long as you don't add any tomato/onion (too much water content) - add these after thawing if preferred :drool:

Thanks - but it's not normally a problem, but the high winds and heavy rain of March (18 months rainfall in one month) dislodged a quantity. Once picked they take about 10 days to ripen so I normally space picking out. This time it was different because of windfalls, but experiments have shown you can delay their ripening by storing in the fridge.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
For me a simple sandwich with ham and cheese really needs a bit of green leaf to give it some crunch. Add plenty of mustard (wholegrain, french, english) to that, or chilly sauce with mayo.
If there's no green leaf available, I'll have my ham and cheese with Branston pickle.

My bacon sarnies (without the fat) need tommy k.
My sausage sandwiches also like american mustard.

Ideally fresh white bread or a baguette.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly OT but bought an uncut farmhouse loaf at Tesco today and had a couple slices with boiled egg for lunch but back on track tomorrow with a sandwich of that with boiled bacon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here