Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first home game?

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
All I know is we wore blue shirts white sleeves and I remember seeing Charlie Liversey, so that makes it 68 ish!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
15/04/1992 - Brighton 1 - 2 Derby

Just discovered a really poor quality highlights video of the match. First time I've seen these goals since I was 8!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Which part of the ground?

Going with an older brother I did the NS, with Dad the Chicken Run. Once I had a free rein, always the NS, although initially we would freely wander between stands. A far cry from the tightly managed control these days.

South stand. Yes I remember lads with scarves round their wrists walking around the clay track from N to S or vice versa to be behind the necessary goal for the second half. Smoking Number 6. Gary Newton selling programmes at half time....smoking a Number 6....lot of smoking went on then :lolol:

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
2nd of March 1980 Division 1 Brighton & Hove Albion 1 Aston Villa 1

Arrived really late so was heralded into the Away end with my then girlfriend. Cheered when we scored only to realise we were in the Villa end when they equalised and they went mental. I was hooked and had season tickets at the Goldstone. Went to a lot of The Gillingham games and Withdean games. Season ticker holder first three years at The Amex, now go to 3 or 4 games a year.
Love The Amex but still miss The Goldstone and even Withdean. But life as a Brighton supporter has never been better.....love it.

:bhasign::thumbsup:

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
15/04/1992 - Brighton 1 - 2 Derby

Just discovered a really poor quality highlights video of the match. First time I've seen these goals since I was 8!

I remember that game well. As a 12 or 13 year old I got in a ruck with a Junior Ram!

Little prick deserved it!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
My mum's second cousin, now agd 93, went regularly with her dad in the 1930s. But sadly she can't remember who we played or anything. Any really old NSCers (or relatives thereof) who have tales of watching behind the white rope way back when, I wonder?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Vid Arsenal - Dunk & Murray scored.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
Jan 76 Brighton 6-0 Colchester. We were mid table in the Third Division, but still drew 16,000. Under Peter Taylor initially, the club were about to rise.

Until that match, I knew little about the Albion, but got hooked immediately.

Did the 6 goals help? ;)

Don't know my first game - wish I did - but it was late 70's in the chicken run.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
6th January 1962 v Blackburn Rovers in FA Cup - lost 3-0 in front of 20,405 souls and I was hooked

Leosayer

Aug 25, 2011
Kent
August 16th 1975 Albion 3 Rotherham 0

Binney, Machin, Martin

Att 10,138

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here