Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Australian GP

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Travesty.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Looks even more difficult for cars to overtake. Hamilton had clearly the fastest car. Another season of pit stop strategy. Probably also going to be decided on reliability as only three engine changes allowed before penalties are dished out. Disappointing start to the season.

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Anyone else find it a bit suspicious that Haas, who are essentially a Ferrari junior team sent out two drivers with loose wheels a couple of laps apart exactly at the moment that the Ferrari strategy needed a safety car/virtual safety car? Also seems strange that the Haas had been left in gear making it harder than normal to move out the way.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Anyone else find it a bit suspicious that Haas, who are essentially a Ferrari junior team sent out two drivers with loose wheels a couple of laps apart exactly at the moment that the Ferrari strategy needed a safety car/virtual safety car? Also seems strange that the Haas had been left in gear making it harder than normal to move out the way.
No.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
To be fair Hamilton gained from it last season, though it doesn't excuse this crazy anomaly; but F1 is so contrived these days that it's hard to get excited about overtakes of any kind compared to the old days. Nevertheless I will still be going to Silverstone this year, if just for the atmosphere ....

The aloof gatekeeper

Oct 11, 2011
I do enjoy reading posts from people who have absolutely no clue about F1.

Here's one for you, then!

F1 will continue to disappoint the public at large until those in charge realise that giving the fastest competitors in a race a head start makes for a dull spectacle.

Scrap qualifying, and line the cars up in reverse Championship order in Bahrain. Sirotkin at the front through to Vettel at the back.

Now *THAT* is Podracing!

biddles911

May 12, 2014
Looks even more difficult for cars to overtake. Hamilton had clearly the fastest car. Another season of pit stop strategy. Probably also going to be decided on reliability as only three engine changes allowed before penalties are dished out. Disappointing start to the season.

Pity they don’t insist that all tracks are designed/adjusted to allow more overtaking. There were just two overtakes in Australia last year and it wasn’t much better this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Here's one for you, then!

F1 will continue to disappoint the public at large until those in charge realise that giving the fastest competitors in a race a head start makes for a dull spectacle.

Scrap qualifying, and line the cars up in reverse Championship order in Bahrain. Sirotkin at the front through to Vettel at the back.

Now *THAT* is Podracing!

I would love it if they introduced points for qualifying and then lined them up in reverse order and awarded points based on places gained

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2013
Downunder
I have to say it was a brilliant day out. I’d never been to an F1 before and really enjoyed the experience.

I’m not sure if they showed the pre-race air display on UK TV. It was pretty spectacular but I found myself getting quite emotional and said a quiet RIP to Matt, Jacob and the other 9. Funny how things hit you sometimes eh?

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Pity they don’t insist that all tracks are designed/adjusted to allow more overtaking. There were just two overtakes in Australia last year and it wasn’t much better this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed most of the new tracks are boring, although of the old Monaco is the standout winner.
Mercedes have an extra power boost so should dominate qualifying. Then it will be down to the start to see if the top cars can make an impact In the first two corners, after that it will be a procession as the top cars are evenly matched on race pace and the downforce issues and turbulent air for following cars mean they won't be able to overtake.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I would love it if they introduced points for qualifying and then lined them up in reverse order and awarded points based on places gained

That's what they used to do in stock car racing.

It was mooted that F1 might go all electric, considering the mess they are now in with multi regs, ie Hamilton not trying to pass Vettel to save his engine for another race, what a farce, electric might the the massive change it needs and the tech advances would be excellent for the future. Chance slim and none.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here