Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] What was your first away game?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Genuinely haven't got a scooby. One of the earliest I can recall is being at Aldershot sometime in the mid 70's when it kicked off all over the place. Scared the whotsit out of me as I would only have been 10 or 11 at the time.

Yes. Lads with Rod Stewart cuts, Oxford bags, tight sweaters, Doc Martens and scarves tied to their wrists charging about. It was a pleasant day so Crombies were not required. I was there with my dad, who drove us, otherwise I'd have been RIGHT in there (no I wouldn't - I made that bit up :lolol:).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Yes. Lads with Rod Stewart cuts, Oxford bags, tight sweaters, Doc Martens and scarves tied to their wrists charging about. It was a pleasant day so Crombies were not required. I was there with my dad, who drove us, otherwise I'd have been RIGHT in there (no I wouldn't - I made that bit up :lolol:).

I was even younger than I thought then if it was the '74 one you went to :eek: I would have been 9 in March '74

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Aldershot sometime in the 70s. It was the game when the crossbar was broken after the final whistle.

Don’t remember seeing an Aldershot fan all day!

See above......same game I suspect....

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Cant be sure of the exact date but it was around 1953 Terry Tribe and I bunked off school as 10 year olds (?) from Holy Trinity in Worthing and bunked the train to watch an afternoon cup replay v Millwall. We had no money to pay to get in so I stood at the turnstile and cried and when asked what I was crying about I said I had the money for us to get in and had lost it. A kind old gentleman paid for Terry and I to get in.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Palace away March 1977 - lost 3-1 and for chased around the local roads by Palace hoolies. I was 9.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Sure we have had this thread a few times

Anyway first away game was against West Ham early 1990 lost 3-1 with Steve gatting getting our goal (I think)

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
cant be sure of the exact date but it was around 1953 terry tribe and i bunked off school as 10 year olds (?) from holy trinity in worthing and bunked the train to watch an afternoon cup replay v millwall. We had no money to pay to get in so i stood at the turnstile and cried and when asked what i was crying about i said i had the money for us to get in and had lost it. A kind old gentleman paid for terry and i to get in.

1956 bg

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A bit the same myself. I think about '75 and Bristol Rovers (2-2?)

I think it may have been West Brom away in the Cup, a 0-2 win to the Albion. If that was the same year as we beat Palace 2-0 at the Goldstone, my first ever Albion game, it probably was but fecked if I can remember but I very clearly remember the joy of the West Brom game.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Genuinely haven't got a scooby. One of the earliest I can recall is being at Aldershot sometime in the mid 70's when it kicked off all over the place. Scared the whotsit out of me as I would only have been 10 or 11 at the time.

This but in my case I'm fairly certain it was Watford away when the Albion song was "McCauley out" and Watford was crazy as someone had overnight painted the goalposts blue.There were fans from other London clubs there all looking for fights. It would have been around 1968 as I was about 15. I'd been to Portsmouth in 1966 taking a French lad who was staying with our family. Pompey v Millwall was carnage.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
69 vs Walsall FA Cup had already drawn a couple of games. Those days when it could go on and on..... not sure the score though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here