Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Aussie Cheats!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Genuine question - would those asking him to do it have a significant say in team selection for future tests? Or is selection done by another commitee? If the former then i would say there was a lot of pressure to comply.

Only Smith of those implicated, would have any say in team selection, and if we are to entirely believe their current version of the truth, Smith only found out after the plan was hatched. They tell us the coach knew nothing, either.

So, if we choose to believe their story, the only pressure on him, at the point he agreed to cheat, was from the force of personality of Warner.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Only Smith of those implicated, would have any say in team selection, and if we are to entirely believe their current version of the truth, Smith only found out after the plan was hatched. They tell us the coach knew nothing, either.

So, if we choose to believe their story, the only pressure on him, at the point he agreed to cheat, was from the force of personality of Warner.

Have we seen Davy give a press conference and weep yet?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh, I know. My husband and a lot of his pals are huge cricket fans, and I do understand what a big thing it is, what tits these boys were and had been in many other ways, and how they have let down so many people. But I just don’t like to see grown men cry, and where Smith and Bancroft are concerned I really think the enormity of what they have done, and how they’ve affected people close to them as well as the wider world, has now truly dawned on them. Call me a softie, but is it not time to start accepting that they are genuinely remorseful, and move on? Not sure about that Warner fellow, though, I’ve yet to see him crying at his press conference.

They should save their tears for others not themselves. Unless they genuinely have a ‘disorder’, which changes things and where we will of course show them all the sympathy they showed Trott.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
We all appreciate that you Australians are hurting over this, but your #whataboutism in attempts to dilute the offence, cut no ice at all.

Argue all you like, that picking the seam, or wiping your hand on your suncream, then the ball, or accidentally treading on it in your follow-through, are all at the thinner end of the same wedge. Argue all you like that its the ICC's fault for not being stricter in the past.

But none of it changes how calculated and serious an offence these players have committed. None of it.

Like this you mean. :lolol:

https://www.iol.co.za/sport/cricket...de-a-mistake-by-standing-on-the-ball-13989980

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Lehmann's now gone. His position was really untenable

Time for Justin's new broom

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Oh, I know. My husband and a lot of his pals are huge cricket fans, and I do understand what a big thing it is, what tits these boys were and had been in many other ways, and how they have let down so many people. But I just don’t like to see grown men cry, and where Smith and Bancroft are concerned I really think the enormity of what they have done, and how they’ve affected people close to them as well as the wider world, has now truly dawned on them. Call me a softie, but is it not time to start accepting that they are genuinely remorseful, and move on? Not sure about that Warner fellow, though, I’ve yet to see him crying at his press conference.

They can be genuinely remorseful but still have to take the punishment for it. Ask any judge in a court.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Have we seen Davy give a press conference and weep yet?

Not yet.

Dave has released a statement saying that "Mistakes were made", and that he's going to "spend time with his family, and comment further next week"

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
at the end of the day it is still only a game! Yes, its cheating but in the grand scheme of things the reaction from everyone (the pm of oz included) is way way way over the top.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I really dont understand why we should feel sorry for them.

The only reason they are sorry is because they got caught, they would still be doing it in the next test if not.

Also think the length of the ban is because Cricket Australia expect more to be found as the hours of footage is looked through in the next few weeks.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
I really dont understand why we should feel sorry for them.

The only reason they are sorry is because they got caught, they would still be doing it in the next test if not.

Also think the length of the ban is because Cricket Australia expect more to be found as the hours of footage is looked through in the next few weeks.

Have to wonder what the Aussie broadcasters know about, but chose not to show in recent home series.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
The OTHER BG sums it up.

BG.JPG

:moo:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You think a rookie Test Match player concocted up that plot to cheat all by himself? Really? ???
I'm with you, I think there was a culture of pushing the envelope,as it were, and probably all of the squad have cheated or been party to it or tacitly accepted it. I remember that Gilchrist took some flak from his teammates when he "walked" . This current lot are much less likely to walk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here