Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] Aussie Cheats!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Agree with this, it certainly isn't irrelevant whether Lehmann knew or not. If he knew that would have been much worse, up there with Smith.

If he didn't know it still isn't great for his coaching reputation, because it happened on his watch and he clearly didn't have control over the players or know what was going on in the dressing room - stuff was being done behind his back. If I was a national cricket body looking for a new coach, that would worry me.

He seemed to have control over the players when they stuffed us 4-0 in the Ashes a few weeks ago, and it doesn't matter what you do with the ball when you're posting 1st Innings scores of 649/7 and 662/9.

The truth will out eventually. Even if Smith and Warner come back into the side in 2019 they will do so under a cloud and face the full barrage of the English press and get a guaranteed ribbing from the crowd, not ideal if you are trying to keep a low profile and heap the pressure on England.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That was an amazing press conference just now with Steve Smith. The world's best batsman is going to be remembered mainly as a cheat and for a blubbing apology.

Also pretty clear from the Aussie hacks' questions to both Smith and Bancroft that they believe both, especially the captain, were very weak and bullied by Warner.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
They are slrrysory they got caught��

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How about now? Even in their apology they were lying.

Good job at least by Cricket Australia, decent bans that send a message that such cheating isn't acceptable.

I stand corrected, seemed like a really odd thing to lie about but they obviously lost their shit.

I watched Steve Smith in his latest press conference and felt quite sorry for him. He ****ed up and now he has to deal with the consequences, not sure this nation is going to let him do that too easily though.

I am still less than convinced with the ideas that it was only those three involved or it was the first time.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
The abuse the Aussies are going to receive next time we play them is going to be off the scale! They are going to have to grow some incredibly thick skins. Cannot wait to see what the Barmy Army come up with :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I stand corrected
Hey I'm not correcting you, just looking back on their lie.
seemed like a really odd thing to lie about but they obviously lost their shit.
Would a pro cricketer keep sandpaper in their bag to help look after their bats, or would they have gone and got this specifically for the job?

I watched Steve Smith in his latest press conference and felt quite sorry for him. He ****ed up and now he has to deal with the consequences
Seems fair to me. He'll come back and if he does well with the bat Aussie fans will support him.
not sure this nation is going to let him do that too easily though.
The Aussie's are the worst for sledging, so he deserves everything he gets in that respect.

I am still less than convinced with the ideas that it was only those three involved or it was the first time.
Well it certainly wasn't the first time, given that Bancroft was seen putting loose sugar in his pocket before. And that's just the time that they had a camera where the drinks were.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The abuse the Aussies are going to receive next time we play them is going to be off the scale! They are going to have to grow some incredibly thick skins. Cannot wait to see what the Barmy Army come up with :lolol:

Only wish it was down here again next time!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43580069

Another modern sport star crying over what they have lost through their own lack of morals, waxxer!

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Hey I'm not correcting you, just looking back on their lie.
Would a pro cricketer keep sandpaper in their bag to help look after their bats, or would they have gone and got this specifically for the job?

Seems fair to me. He'll come back and if he does well with the bat Aussie fans will support him.
The Aussie's are the worst for sledging, so he deserves everything he gets in that respect.

Well it certainly wasn't the first time, given that Bancroft was seen putting loose sugar in his pocket before. And that's just the time that they had a camera where the drinks were.

I asked this, and was told by a decent local cricketer that they use sandpaper to sand off small cracks in their bats.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I asked this, and was told by a decent local cricketer that they use sandpaper to sand off small cracks in their bats.

I have a bit in the pocket at the end of my cricket bag, along with reinforced bat tape and scissors. Entirely standard.

(Taking it into the field with you - less so...)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Only wish it was down here again next time!

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/43580069

Another modern sport star crying over what they have lost through their own lack of morals, waxxer!

So sad. Shame for him he didn't have a brain cell to realise what the implications were going to be at the time.

Clearly an incredible player, why such a talented player would feel the need to play a part in such a thing is mind boggling.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
These crocodile tears when you get caught. Deal with the consequences of cheating ffs.

Capture.JPG

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
The plaintiff crying on TV they knew that what they were doing was cheating and should suffer the full consequences it’s akin to drugs cheats

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here