Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Confession time. Albion players you didn’t rate that highly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think the difference is that Steve Cook looked class in that game against Man City at Withdean and like many I thought that he would prove to be a good player but was sold as an aftermath of the court case.

No, he was already at Bournemouth during the court case.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Players we had who went on to do quite well who looked meh.....

The bloke (a jock I think) with the Polish name who we had on loan from Arsenal with Mark Flatts. See I remember Flatts because he looked good (but had no career to speak of) whereas the other bloke....went on to play for Man City and manage Oldham. Can't be arse to look him up....

Dean Saunders obviously looked a bit rubbish to our club given that he was sold for peanuts then went on to play for Liverpool, and become one of the smuggest after dinner speakers of all time (his Clough routine is very funny but cruel bordering on the bullying of the dead).

And the winner is......aye, it's Ashley Barnes.

Paul Dickov?
He was superb for us scoring 5 in 8 I think?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Darren "lazy arse" Bent

You have misread the OP's post. Bent has not gone on to bigger and better things any more than Leon Knight did....how closely did you look at the Brexit literature before you made your voting selection, btw? :whistle::lolol:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Too many to mention.

In recent times? Hemed and Baldock.

I must have missed their departure and their rise to greatness with another club, or maybe you are related to Eve Petulengro? :wink:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
But off loaded after the event, and before the court case though.

Offloaded pretty well straight after the stuffing of Southampton at the Amex, he played an absolute blinder that game too.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You have misread the OP's post. Bent has not gone on to bigger and better things any more than Leon Knight did....how closely did you look at the Brexit literature before you made your voting selection, btw? :whistle::lolol:

But your sector is receiving £350m extra a week in funding from the Brexit vote, so you should have nothing to complain about. Sauce: Farage.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I know, I know.... punish:

On Brexit, I just saw three words "in or out" & out was the last one so felt sorry for it so voted out... :thumbsup:

I presumed everyone else did the same right ???

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Paul Dickov?

Yes, you're right.

And I have the affrontary to take the mickey out of other posters :wozza::lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Paul Dickov?

ps you mean 'according to Wikipedia' :lolol:

Anyway, he's still a good pick because there was no clamour to keep him (I don't recall), and he did go on to better things (while we nearly went to the wall). More to the point, I didn't rate him (on the strength of the one apearance I saw from the confines of the South stand) so, in the context of this thread, that's all that matters.

That said, I did rate Barnes so wtf am I going on about? ???:hilton::wozza::mad:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
I’m going with JFC. Played a blinder against Southampton on his debut and then never reached those heights again. I was an advocate of giving him a starting role in the games that followed and the season after but he slowly slipped into obscurity. I suspect it was partly due to changing his positions from an attacking midfielder to more of a holding role. Still, good vision, good range of passing but what a shame after such a promising debut.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I must have missed their departure and their rise to greatness with another club, or maybe you are related to Eve Petulengro? :wink:

You might have missed recent club developments apropos fit for purpose strikers at this level, or arguably at one level down, but both are now yesterday's men. Club's moved on from relying on a couple of players who probably had no more than one decent season between them :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You might have missed recent club developments apropos fit for purpose strikers at this level, or arguably at one level down, but both are now yesterday's men. Club's moved on from relying on a couple of players who probably had no more than one decent season between them :shrug:

I think your angst over these players has led you to TOTALLY miss the point of this thread :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here