Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Passports?? No thread that I can see, time for a poll

Which camp are you in?

• Should be blue, printed in England, outrageous, Magna Carta, did she die in vain???

Votes: 35 25.9%
  • F**cks not given

Votes: 100 74.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Call me cynical but I predict:-
1. A growing frenzy about "Inglish passports for Brittish people and they shud be bloo" from all the usual suspects.
2. Certain papers stoking the furore regarding this.
3, Miraculously and just before the Council election Mrs. M. announces that she has personally brokered a deal that the passports will be printed in England using English paper and Ink and that they shall be the bluest of blue.
4. Cue certain papers hailing Mrs. M. as the "voice of reason" who has silenced the remoaners and that Britains never ever shall be slaves.

...Personally I thought that the suggestion in an earlier post for blue passports, but with white stripes, was a sound one :)

Feb 23, 2013
What, and have the losers grizzling on here for years and years about their entitlement being stolen away, and the injustice of being defeated by fat, old, racist, thick blue-ists who they'll claim didn't understand the question anyway?

No thanks............................

Sorry, what was the question.....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Attachments

• 4BD45172-6A80-46A6-AC98-BEF59931C26C.jpeg
    4BD45172-6A80-46A6-AC98-BEF59931C26C.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 90

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Obviously, I don't care what colour my passport is, or where it is printed, although I would prefer it to remain an EU passport, rather than revert to a UK one.

What I don't understand is where all this discussion about blue passports came from. I've just dug out my old passport, the last one I had before we were issued with EU ones (interestingly we were in the EU for many years before we stopped having British passports, so clearly it's not an essential part of being in the EU), and the cover of my old British passport is clearly and unambiguously black not blue. I'm in my mid-60s and I don't remember ever having had a blue passport. Am I missing something? Was it blue once, but being cheaply made in Britain, the colour has decomposed or deteriorated over time from blue to black?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Obviously, I don't care what colour my passport is, or where it is printed, although I would prefer it to remain an EU passport, rather than revert to a UK one.

What I don't understand is where all this discussion about blue passports came from. I've just dug out my old passport, the last one I had before we were issued with EU ones (interestingly we were in the EU for many years before we stopped having British passports, so clearly it's not an essential part of being in the EU), and the cover of my old British passport is clearly and unambiguously black not blue. I'm in my mid-60s and I don't remember ever having had a blue passport. Am I missing something? Was it blue once, but being cheaply made in Britain, the colour has decomposed or deteriorated over time from blue to black?

Who knows, but it made Brexiteers very excited when it was announced, although now on NSC, they are distancing themselves away from that, and trying to pretend its all about Remainers being 'embarrassed' about the thing apparently. Its pretty funny.

Last edited:

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Apparently it was a blind bid so they had no idea whom they were giving the contract too. Its was also £110m cheaper over the next 10yrs. Good housekeeping in my mind but still can't understand why it needs to be done

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Apparently it was a blind bid so they had no idea whom they were giving the contract too. Its was also £110m cheaper over the next 10yrs. Good housekeeping in my mind but still can't understand why it needs to be done

Which is a bit of a worry that other European countries can produce the product so much cheaper.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here