Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Holland Vs England - ITV

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good professional performance from England deserved victory with many who will have pushed their claim for a World Cup spot.

I think that England side would make top 4 in the Premier League which was better than expected. Holland would struggle in the Premier League though.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Personally think Southgates done ok

Qualified for WC
Started to use younger players/U21s
Switched the formation to the most suited.

I agree to be honest. He can only work with what he's got and i think he's been a bit of a breath of fresh air in terms of bringing through youth and playing a formation that probably suits us best. He's not doing too badly

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Shame to see over 100 English "fans" arrested in Holland.

Why is it impossible for these morons to have a drink and enjoy their day without causing trouble?

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Shame to see over 100 English "fans" arrested in Holland.

Why is it impossible for these morons to have a drink and enjoy their day without causing trouble?

It is a shame, but most European countries taking nearly 6 thousand to a game will include a few hundred idiots unfortunately. Not excusing what happened though!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The worst starter out of the 22 - Van Aanholt. Dross.

Vardy, Welbeck & Alli were all awful in their 20 minutes. Strange.

Overall, against a poor Holland, England played well. Henderson, Stones, Trippier, Walker, Pickford, Maguire, Lingard, Rashford were all excellent in their given roles.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Overall, against a poor Holland, England played well. Henderson, Stones, Trippier, Walker, Pickford, Maguire, Lingard, Rashford were all excellent in their given roles.

I agree. I thought Rose had a poor game though.
Both he and Grippier seemed unable to cross a ball without clearing it into touch on the other side.
Thought Walker looked quality. He has improved tremendously under Pep at Man City.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

This. Nothing to add.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not a bad game at all, thought we moved the ball well and deserved the win. As friendlies go this was pretty decent. OBVIOUSLY its bang on trend to say how boring it all is, what a pile of shit England are, I'm turning over to Eastenders etc etc etc. But we played well and won away in Holland. Not bad. Encouraging performance from the 2nd string.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here