Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] People you'd rather see as Foreign Secretary than Boris Johnson

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
And the thing is in a time when so much is at stake politically he seizes on a matter as trivial as a woman's dress. It says it all really.

God help this country if he ever becomes PM. He'd take us from the Premier League to the Vauxhall Conference in one parliament.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Whatever tomfoolery Boris gets up to, he is infinitely preferable to Corbyn and any of his vile hangers on

Having said that can I nominste Pee-Wee Herman?

You're unwise to dismiss his behaviour as tomfoolery. He is exceptionally manipulative, fiercely career driven and utterly ruthless. The character he plays belies his true nature. His recent Burkha letterbox comments are designed to at once appear like he is the incarnation of some latter day Prince Phillip clown, out of touch but loveable and to appeal to the emboldened right, grooming them for his assault on the PM's position.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
And the thing is in a time when so much is at stake politically he seizes on a matter as trivial as a woman's dress. It says it all really.

God help this country if he ever becomes PM. He'd take us from the Premier League to the Vauxhall Conference in one parliament.

You think we’re in the Premier League?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Boris Johnson met with Steve Bannon recently, a true sign that he wants to be the British Trump.

Yesterday's bid for the xenophobic / racist vote demonstrated this. Attention seeking to keep himself in the news,

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Boris Johnson met with Steve Bannon recently, a true sign that he wants to be the British Trump.

Yesterday's bid for the xenophobic / racist vote demonstrated this. Attention seeking to keep himself in the news,

have you read the article? is it actually racist, or was libertarian view with some poor, bloke-down-the-pub, wording? from what i've read its the latter (no sub to the Telegraph so cant read the original).

eitherway, he's shot any chance of leadership, if there was any chance at all

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You think we’re in the Premier League?

We're the fifth or sixth richest country in the world; we are one of only five permanent members of the UN security council and a member of the G7 group of leading nations. Given that there are about 200 countries in the world, they makes us Champions League let alone Premier

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
have you read the article? is it actually racist, or was libertarian view with some poor, bloke-down-the-pub, wording? from what i've read its the latter (no sub to the Telegraph so cant read the original).

eitherway, he's shot any chance of leadership, if there was any chance at all

OK we will have to agree to disagree

But do you think Trump and Boris exhibit similar narcissist traits ?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Barry Chuckle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well sadly there is now a vacancy in the Chuckle Brothers. You didn't get your wish, but maybe Boris could take Barry's place? Might be a role where he's not totally out of his depth and his buffoonish behaviour might even be useful.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
OK we will have to agree to disagree

But do you think Trump and Boris exhibit similar narcissist traits ?

yes, they do follow some similar traits. is that colouring the judgment of comments?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
He’s turned into our version of Trump, an arrogant untouchable air permeates his reckless day to day activity.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Oh dear. The mans not a buffoon, he's a nasty, dangerous individual. This comment was very carefully calibrated to offend some but principally to send a message to others so they think "He's alright that Boris bloke, straight talking and not afraid to speak his mind" They will be the same folk who also say things like "I'm not racist but..." and "we've got to look after the 'our people' first" and then eventually, "Yes, yes, gas chambers... but don't forget he's done good things too."

Anyone who thinks different is, IMHO, supporting the subtle, but deliberate, radicalisation of the UK mainstream.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
He’s turned into our version of Trump, an arrogant untouchable air permeates his reckless day to day activity.

He has, constant attention seeking. He has to do something now he is no longer in the cabinet

Personally I wouldn't rule him out as Tory leader, he appeals to a lot of the Tory membership in middle England.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Oh dear. The mans not a buffoon, he's a nasty, dangerous individual. This comment was very carefully calibrated to offend some but principally to send a message to others so they think "He's alright that Boris bloke, straight talking and not afraid to speak his mind"

the irony is those offended have broadcast the message further and broader than it would have gone otherwise - it was in the Telegraph not the Sun after all. i'm not sure if you're giving him undue credit, did he really calculate all this?

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
the irony is those offended have broadcast the message further and broader than it would have gone otherwise - it was in the Telegraph not the Sun after all. i'm not sure if you're giving him undue credit, did he really calculate all this?

He probably did IMO.

Either way it demonstrates how unfit he is to be Foreign Secretary, let alone PM!

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset

maybe i am giving him undue credit, but yes i do think it was a deliberately pitched comment. The reaction has possibly exceeded his expectations.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Given it was written in an article and not blurted out off the cuff I was say that these remarks are pretty obviously calculated and that the Telegraph will backing Boris for PM within 3 months.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I agree with Boris. There I have said it. Shoot me down.

I also think 90% of the country does as well. Brighton like London no longer reflects the country's opinion, as Brexit showed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here