Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Sudan,Northern White Rhino.

I wonder if that's what will be said about you?

I suspect I'll be quite a loss to my immediate family and a few friends, apart from that i'm sure nobody will give two shits really.

Much like almost every one else really.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It's not quite extinct yet. There are still two females alive and plans to use Sudan's sperm in IVF.
The Southern white rhino is so closely related, the females can be used as surrogate mothers for the implanted eggs, to start off a brand new herd.

While there are plans these are optimistic. While I desperately hope this works the odds are slim at best.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
Couldn't we just paint some of the existing [grey] rhinos white?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The worst of it is, than rhino horn which is deemed so precious to poachers, is entirely made of keratin. This is exactly the same substance as your fingernails, so all these animals have died because of the stupidity of people who thought it was an aphrodisiac.

AK74

Bright-eyed. Bushy-tailed. GSOH.
NSC Patron
Jan 19, 2010
You would need a few rainbow coloured ones so the LBGT snowflakes don't get all precious about Rhino inclusion.

Et voila.

e77648af790a00202e95998d1444e47a.jpg

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You look at these Northern White Rhinos and you can easily envisage what it must have been like when dinosaurs roamed the earth.

This game reserve owner in South Africa had a plan a few years ago, but it still wouldn't stop the poachers though - https://www.savetherhino.org/latest_news/news/326_poisoning_rhino_horns

Interesting fact:

When the Parks were cutting off the Rhino horns in the belief that this would stop poachers, the poachers would kill the Rhino anyway.

They had probably spent days tracking the animal only to find it had no horn so logically in order to not waste time tracking the same hornless animal again later they would kill it.

Harsh, but makes perfect sense.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
On that theme, greenfinches in the UK are declining rapidly due to disease. Well-meaning people are putting out bird feeders for garden birds, but not cleaning them regularly, or leaving stale food in them, which, in turn, is causing greenfinches to get disease, and killing them off.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Has been quite a lot of coverage in MSM and maybe a few of us are guilty of not taking the issue seriously (?) however surely enough is enough these animals whether it be Elephants,Lions,Tigers,and the list goes on are amazing and priceless. Where we live someone has a paddock with Five Lamha's and seriously well kept they look at us as we look at them,just a great site to see. Therefore WHY NOT HAVE A SHOOT TO KILL POLICY on BIG GAME HUNTER'S ?:thumbsup:

part of what i will spout to any twatt who will listen ....there are too many humans on the planet and our continued population growth is detrimental in every fashion to the flora , fauna and general well being of this place we call earth.

part of what i will spout to any twatt who will listen ....there are too many humans on the planet and our continued population growth is detrimental in every fashion to the flora , fauna and general well being of this place we call earth.

Cull?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here