Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Nicest Person in Football

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Apologies if this has been done before...

A mate was remarking on the miserable git that is Mourinho after the Man Utd game and it got me thinking about the nice guys like our very own Chris Hughton.

So other than Chris, who would you consider to be the nicest person in football down the years?

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
The ones i know all seem incredibly nice , in fact i don't think i've met one i wouldn't want to meet again , strangely enough the nicest i've had the pleasure to meet was and is Mark Noble .

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Maty Ryan seems really nice.

Also, Mata seems to be a great guy and is actually trying to influence something positive with his 1% salary contribution to Common Goal. Hopefully more (like Bruno did) follow his lead.

I'd actually add that pretty much every footballer I've met has been nice, if a little shy.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Juan Mata always seems like a nice chap. Mourinho used to have a cheeky glint in his eye and a sense of humour - he seems to have lost these, at least, in front of the cameras.

Mata went down in my estimation on Saturday when he took nearly two days to get off the pitch when he was substituted.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
The boy Lineacre 'as done well, but locally Calde is my favourite ever! (Said as a 52 year old Albion fan who shared a few beers with John Keeley and Johnny Byrne over the years, both bloody good chaps)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The ones i know all seem incredibly nice , in fact i don't think i've met one i wouldn't want to meet again ,

I haven't met huge numbers of sportspeople but every one that I have met has seemed extremely pleasant and yes, amazingly, some seem rather shy. Even players with a fearsome reputation, like Lothar Mattheus, were friendly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here