Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England Cricket - Can we play the Aussies again please (as they’re easier)....

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
[/B]

That is true and sent a night watchman in then when his wicket went, probably early tomorrow Root come back in. As it stands now we really have our backs to the wall unless they get more rain.

I found some highlights but it finished when Stoneman was caught. www.highlightscricket2.com

Had Root retired hurt. The day's play may have ended then. The last ball of that Over will be bowled today.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Stokes owes England a match saving performance but I doubt we'll get it. Test rearguard action seem to be a thing of the past.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
One can only wonder what might have happened IF Root had gone off injured at the end of the 4th day. We may have still lost but also we may have got a draw. Root will learn with experience but I am sure that there were enough senior players there to advise him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My attitude is win at all costs if you cant win dont get beat. Perhaps that is the problem we do not have a winners attitude and rely on the old adage the taking part is more important than winning.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
9 losses out of our last 10 'away' Tests. And some absolute hammerings. Will Christchurch in a few days time become Crisis-church? The only possible/viable changes are Jack Leach for Moeen and/or Wood for Overton. But it looks like a deckchairs on Titanic situation? (Won't stop me sitting up most of the night though with the headphones on though.)

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
If Moeen isn't bowling well he needs to score runs. He is supposed to be primarily a batsman who can bowl. If he can't do either, then pick the better bowler.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
If Moeen isn't bowling well he needs to score runs. He is supposed to be primarily a batsman who can bowl. If he can't do either, then pick the better bowler.

That is SO unfair. Michael Vaughan was on R5 last night and cited Moeen's average in 'away' tests as over 100! (The problem being that it's his bowling average.) I'd drop him simply because he looks so out of form. Hopefully he'll bounce back (like others) in the home series in the summer.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
He wasnt bowled he was caught behind the wicket off of his glove. I was talking 2nd innings after grafting to another 50. He seems unable to turn many of those 50s in to hundreds.

I meant the bowler earnt the wicket. It was good bowling rather than poor batting.

The wicket was taken of the back of sustained, hostile bowling. Root had played it comfortably up until the delivery before his dismissal which hurt his hand.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
He wasnt bowled he was caught behind the wicket off of his glove. I was talking 2nd innings after grafting to another 50. He seems unable to turn many of those 50s in to hundreds.

Not literal - he was got out by a very good piece of bowling (and possibly while his concentration was below 100%). He didn’t give his wicket away.

Bairstow, on the other hand.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here