Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Cricket] England Cricket - Can we play the Aussies again please (as they’re easier)....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
If they do that they may leave them selves not enough time to bowl us out and score any runs but as it stands even if we scored 300 that would leave then time to knock off the runs required for victory or bat out a draws.

and if that way they would still need enough time to get those runs...so its a as broad as its long....my way England have the larger number of runs to nock off before trying to make NZ bat again...five sessions should be enough for them to bowl England out...depending on what side turn up!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I agree 6 to one half a dozen to the other it depends on how our batsmen turn up but I envisage us makinga maximum 250- to 300 so leaving them about 100 to win.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Just saw that he was out on the last ball of the day which to me is foolhardy by the England captain and he man that was supposed to be our best hope of survival.

Why do you bother to comment on something, when you haven’t seen or read what’s happened?

The scorecard doesn’t tell the story in this instance. Your comment is about as pointless as when you gave match ratings based on radio commentary!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was looking at the broad picture that knowing the day was virtually over Root being captain and arguably our best batsman he should have been aware of it and paid extra attention to keep his wicket. in tact., Where can I see the highlights as I have tried You Tube and cannot find them and do not have sky.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I was looking at the broad picture that knowing the day was virtually over Root being captain and arguably our best batsman he should have been aware of it and paid extra attention to keep his wicket. in tact., Where can I see the highlights as I have tried You Tube and cannot find them and do not have sky.

Have a read of this. He was bowled out, he didn’t give it away.

Boult was at the end of a really good spell, so credit to the bowler.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/43530645

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Do you think the 10 minutes of physio treatment on his injured hand after the previous delivery might have had some effect ? Or the superb, well directed delivery that took advantage of the situation immediately afterwards ? This is in all the match reports online, you don’t have to watch it to know what happened.

Mistake was Root should have simply walked off retired hurt.......the day was just about done.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you think the 10 minutes of physio treatment on his injured hand after the previous delivery might have had some effect ? Or the superb, well directed delivery that took advantage of the situation immediately afterwards ? This is in all the match reports online, you don’t have to watch it to know what happened.

Mistake was Root should have simply walked off retired hurt.......the day was just about done.

That is true and sent a night watchman in then when his wicket went, probably early tomorrow Root come back in. As it stands now we really have our backs to the wall unless they get more rain.

I found some highlights but it finished when Stoneman was caught. www.highlightscricket2.com

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here