Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Simon Jordan robbed of 100k watch at gunpoint today.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You've suggested that I think people should go around robbing people at gunpoint for a start! Of course they should be dealt with as per any other criminals.
You suggested that blokes riding round on £2000 mopeds might not commit these crimes if there wasnt such a gap between rich or poor , were they in threadbare clothes and stealing to eat i might give some credence to your post , as it is it leaves me open mouthed with astonishment at its naivete.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'm gonna say it.

I like Simon Jordan when he's on the TV/Radio. Do I like his personality? Not particularly, but I always find his insight into the world of being a football chairman really interesting. He is always completely open about the exchanges he's had during transfer negotiations and interactions with players/other chairmen/women

Gah. That was horrible. I need a wash.

Don't feel too bad.....I actually agree with you. I don't always agree with everything that comes of of his orange gob (nearly fell about laughing the other morning when he claimed Palace wouldn't sell Zaha for £70m) but I have to say of late I've actually found him quite entertaining and interesting. Yes he still gives it the big I am and likes to mention he was a premier league chairman every other sentence but putting that aside he does speak quite a bit of sense. His spat with Gordan Taylor the other week was great.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You suggested that blokes riding round on £2000 mopeds might not commit these crimes if there wasnt such a gap between rich or poor , were they in threadbare clothes and stealing to eat i might give some credence to your post , as it is it leaves me open mouthed with astonishment at its naivete.

There is a piece missing in your analysis. Of course, the people on mopeds were not in threadbare clothes and robbing like this to pay for their next meal, that much is blindingly obvious. The bit you seem to be missing is the proven link that crime goes up as the gap between rich and poor widens. i.e. how many moped gun-toting robbers might not actually be moped gun-toting robbers if society was more equal.

It's not about blaming governments or absolving criminals of their crimes, it's about acknowledging this link if you want to make the country a safer place. There is a reason why this sort of crime is rife in countries like Brazil and India.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
There is a piece missing in your analysis. Of course, the people on mopeds were not in threadbare clothes and robbing like this to pay for their next meal, that much is blindingly obvious. The bit you seem to be missing is the proven link that crime goes up as the gap between rich and poor widens. i.e. how many moped gun-toting robbers might not actually be moped gun-toting robbers if society was more equal.

It's not about blaming governments or absolving criminals of their crimes, it's about acknowledging this link if you want to make the country a safer place. There is a reason why this sort of crime is rife in countries like Brazil and India.

Mopeds are cheap there?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

Brazil and India are on a totally different socio-economic plane to this country , the police shoot street kids in brazil ffs, these gun toting robbers should are full of excuses why they do things , aided by well meaning people who will swallow it , i remember when so solid crew were coming to the fore ,i used to live in the same area , the press were lapping it up , how they dealt drugs etc when they left school , coupled with the usual shit from them 'ah did wot a 'ad to do to survaiive', no they didnt , they did that to avoid getting a shit job like loads of other black and white kids had to whats your suggestion ? by all means have a fairer, more equitable society society , but to excuse or write off crimes because of it is ridiculous.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not a nice thing to happen to anybody, and take no pleasure in what happened to Simon Jordan. But driving your Maserati through the impoverished ghetto of West Croydon is maybe not the smartest thing to do. Same as any shanty town anywhere.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
Jordan is a rare sane voice on Talksport, he doesn't pander to the ex-pro club much and often has decent insight into how things in the footballing world work. A few weeks back he was on with Durham in the afternoon, Jordan mentioned that at points he hoped England would fail so there would be a big change in the setup.

As normal Durham set up a straw argument based on this. Jordan was very erudite and took him to bits pointing out what he had said and why. Durham was left flustered, must be difficult when you don't have the producer to cut someone off as you standard tactic.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jordan is a rare sane voice on Talksport, he doesn't pander to the ex-pro club much and often has decent insight into how things in the footballing world work. A few weeks back he was on with Durham in the afternoon, Jordan mentioned that at points he hoped England would fail so there would be a big change in the setup.

As normal Durham set up a straw argument based on this. Jordan was very erudite and took him to bits pointing out what he had said and why. Durham was left flustered, must be difficult when you don't have the producer to cut someone off as you standard tactic.
I don’t always agree with Simon Jordan, I also think he’s narcissistic and a gobshite, but I do enjoy his stints on the radio. He’s entertaining.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
You will have to explain that one. I hope that you are not saying what I think you are.

what do you think he's saying?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He's a major-league tw@t...

... but that doesn't mean that I want him to be robbed at gunpoint...

He's still a tw@t...

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Not a nice thing to happen to anybody, and take no pleasure in what happened to Simon Jordan. But driving your Maserati through the impoverished ghetto of West Croydon is maybe not the smartest thing to do. Same as any shanty town anywhere.

Not greatly different to London Road (around St Pete's) in Brighton? Your point?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here