Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stam gone at Reading

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
I agree with the secong part of your post, but certainly not the first! Some would say that the y were unlucky not to beat Huddersfield in normal/extra time of the play off final against Huddersfield. I agree though about the succesion of bad injuries this season, and the lack of support from the board when it came to funding repacemements. I'm very surprised to see them struggling to be honest.
They were very ordinary last season. Loads of luck to finish so high up the table. Played teams at the right times when they were suffering injuries and suspensions. Always expected them to fall away. Dreadfully poor the night they played at the Amex.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Phil Parkinson ????? He's very, very happy where he is.....don't even think about it .

He won't come, don't worry. He doesn't seem like the kind of bloke to desert a club in a relegation battle so close to the end of the season.

If we were going to move for him it would be in the summer.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Poyet to Reading?

If my teeth were false they would be in small pieces somewhere across the living room by now. As for my left testicle (well, you can guess the rest). :laugh:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clear sign on Saturday when he wouldn't speak to the press. Then a local journo ( Tim Dellor ) said there would be a big announcement before the weekend. Three points off relegation zone and unable to win. Only needs Brum to catch fire under Monk ( won 3-0 last time out ) and Reading could be in drop zone.
To be fair they had a stack of injuries in the first half of the season and weren't able to get any momentum going. Key players like Kermogant ( nearly 20 goals last season ) have missed a lot of games. Just lately, he has been blooding youngsters, in a seemingly desperate bid to turn it round or to guage the squad for next season ( delete least likely )
From watching him, I detected a self-confidence bordering on arrogance and speaking to Reading contacts, I got the impression that his man-management style was bullish to say the least. Apparently, he regularly targetted the fans, calling for them to get behind the team and offer more support, who in return, seemed to be less than enthusiastic at this call to arms.

Wonder why Ferguson got rid of him? Good judge of a man that sir Alex.....apart from Begbie, of course :lolol:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I would think that it is more likely to be Steve Cotterill, Billy Davis or Steve McLaren they usually figure in the betting or Brian McDermott again but I would be happy to see Paul Clement given the chance to fail again.

Personally, I think it is perfect for Sami Hyypia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Karl Robinson has left Charlton where will be his next stop Reading or Oxford or possibly back to NW and Bolton with Parkinson going to Reading.

Why would Phil Parkinson go to Reading ?. It's 15 years since he played there & I doubt if they're in a financial position where they can offer him a better deal than he's already got.

Against that, he's local to Bolton & settled in the north, has job security & an excellent working relationship with the chairman, has already done the hard work of managing the club through a lower point & ( even though I don't like club size comparison horseshit ) imo Bolton has greater potential than Reading.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What were you guessing?

The restraint shown by NSC is quite remarkable, although I do wonder if I jinxed it's imminent arrival.

Fair play to one poster for also being a Reading thread completest and also baiting the hook.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ummm not quite true, Play offs under Oscar Garcia 2013/2014, and the following season almost relegated under Sami Hyypia, until Chris Hughton just managed to turn things around.

Why Not ? Playoffs in 2017, now they're in grave peril of relegation this season, and still remains to be seen if the new man can turn things around for them (hopefully not). Plenty of parallels with our woes of a few years ago.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here