Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Are Dualit toasters worth the money?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Thanks. I had no idea there were so many variations! https://www.dualit.com/products/classic-toasters

That kettle doesn't look much cop.

Screenshot from 2018-09-10 06-40-02.png

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
When I was free n single I just used the fish grill but now a family of 4 and all the bread thingies the kids like to eat go nicely in the oven toaster. Honestly, we haven't even used the built in fish grill in the 5 years we've been in the house, as we have a larger combi oven n grill.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I used to have one of those but I ditched it once I found out how efficient these Japanese fish grills are at making toast.....

gas_stove_02.jpg

Seriously, shove a couple of slices in there....done in under 2 mins. You have to watch them like a hawk though cos the bread goes from "starting to brown" to "setting off the smoke alarm" in the space of about 20 seconds.

Will they smell and taste a bit fishy though?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I have a three slice version, two for toast and one with a cage thing for toasted sandwiches. I have had it for 15 years and it’s still going strong. I’d say they are worth it.

How can you claim to be working class on one thread and own a 3 slice duralit toaster on another?

Dualit toaster ownership is automatic disqualification from the working classes with advancement into the middle classes. You should know this? :shrug:

Next thing you'll be saying is that you're working class and drink craft ales. :nono:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How can you claim to be working class on one thread and own a 3 slice duralit toaster on another?

Dualit toaster ownership is automatic disqualification from the working classes with advancement into the middle classes. You should know this? :shrug:

Toast is the fuel for my labour.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Bold Seagull;8596240How can you claim to be working class on one thread and own a 3 slice duralit toaster on another? [/QUOTE said:
You don't have to be rich to own a Dualit. I had never heard of them before buying one at a boot sale, that I liked the look of.
"How much is the toaster?"
"£4"
"Does it work?"
"Yes"
"Will £3 buy it?"
"OK"

It wasn't until I got it home, and tried it, that I realised that these are indeed superb toasters.

Last edited at about 16 15 cos I can't get it right.

Last edited:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
200 quid for a toaster..............[emoji1786]

rigton70

Jul 5, 2003
I think that all toasters, irrespective of make or price, are quick and efficient but do not toast the bread as well as the grill in a cooker.

Only use the grill in a cooker for cheese on toast.

Does anyone toast both sides then add the cheese or does anyone toast one side turn over add cheese then toast?

Maybe a thread needed for that.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Next thing you'll be saying is that you're working class and drink craft ales. :nono:

“nothing is too good for the workers.” - Nye Bevan

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I’ve always wanted one of those hotel toasters where you put the bread on top on the conveyor belt and the bread goes on a mysterious journey

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]1130503512733999104[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here