Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Guilty/Free Speech/Grossly Offensive - World gone mad

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Making light of dark often horrible situations is how comedy is supposed to work. It iis often a coping mechanism for people. You are obviously clueless to that.

My Dad died of cancer, even he made jokes about it before he passed away. As he and many others have said, laughter is the best medicine.

Obviously we'll never see you at a Jimmy Carr show. Far too offensive for your sensitive ears.

Honestly Biggums, I can't imagine many of those getting driven into the Auschwitz gas chambers turning to the person next to them and saying "Pull my finger" or "Good here innit?" or "I was only booked in for the spa treatment."

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Honestly Biggums, I can't imagine many of those getting driven into the Auschwitz gas chambers turning to the person next to them and saying "Pull my finger" or "Good here innit?" or "I was only booked in for the spa treatment."

So when Jimmy Carr asks what do you get when you put a baby in a blender and he replies "an erection" he too should go to jail because the mutilation of a baby for sexual arousal is a life sentence crime?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

You must not know Mel Brooks.

Mel-Brooks-Walk-of-Fame.jpg

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

I would think that people at Auschwitz needed laughter more than most. I am also sure that they found some way to get it.

Gallows humour is often talked about with people who work in the worst jobs, it is my suspicion that this carries over.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I would think that people at Auschwitz needed laughter more than most. I am also sure that they found some way to get it.

Gallows humour is often talked about with people who work in the worst jobs, it is my suspicion that this carries over.

Spot on.

Here's a link to jokes told by death row inmates just before they were killed.

https://www.ranker.com/list/death-row-inmate-jokes-before-execution/edira-putri

Well, gentlemen, you are about to see a baked Appel.”

George Appel uttered the world’s most depressing (or hilarious, depending on your sense of humor) pun while strapped to the electric chair in New York City. He was given the death sentence for killing a police officer in 1928.

That's a pretty bloody funny line given he's just about to die.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That's a pretty bloody funny line given he's just about to die.

Except most of them didn't know they were about to die and this quote is made-up bollocks. Who wrote it down? The Nazi guards? FFS. You're now on my blocked list. ********.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Pal of mine is a funeral director.........they have a brilliant (if a bit dark for normal tastes) sense of humour.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Except most of them didn't know they were about to die and this quote is made-up bollocks. Who wrote it down? The Nazi guards? FFS. You're now on my blocked list. ********.

I don't think you read his post properly. He was talking about people on death row not in Auschwitz

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Pal of mine is a funeral director.........they have a brilliant (if a bit dark for normal tastes) sense of humour.

My ex was a Paramedic, one of the most warped senses of humour you'd find.

From what my mate tells me these kind of senses of humour are rife in the police force too.

I don't think you can do these jobs for any length of time without one.

How else do people get through shit?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
From what my mate tells me these kind of senses of humour are rife in the police force too.

I don't think you can do these jobs for any length of time without one.

How else do people get through shit?

They don't I guess would be the answer(suicides, mental break downs, poor retention rates).

I think the concept of deflecting truly terrible things through humour is simply lost on some people.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I don't think you read his post properly. He was talking about people on death row not in Auschwitz

Mmmm.....perhaps he should have written it more clearly. Anyway, I have never liked his chippy, man of the frontier, balls of steel, last one into the showers is a pooftah, tie me kangaroo down, sport, attitude so I'm happy to never have to read him again. punk:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Mmmm.....perhaps he should have written it more clearly. Anyway, I have never liked his chippy, man of the frontier, balls of steel, last one into the showers is a pooftah, tie me kangaroo down, sport, attitude so I'm happy to never have to read him again. punk:

"Here's a link to jokes told by death row inmates just before they were killed."

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
Crazy stuff.

"A man who filmed a pet dog giving Nazi salutes before putting the footage on YouTube has been convicted of committing a hate crime."

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-43478925

"THE SCOT who trained his dog to respond to his calls of "gas the Jews" has been found guilty of posting an offensive message online."
http://www.heraldscotland.com/news/...nd_guilty_of__being_grossly_offensive_online/

I am so offended, firstly "Man" you genderphobe , "pet" dog you're taking away the dogs rights, you've used the word hate which I find offensive and don't get me started on the nazi salute! Also how would I have read any of this if I couldn't read or didn't understand English, you xenaphobic!

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Ok, I really am going to say this for the last time here - no one on this thread is a) saying that it is anything other than deeply offensive and very stupid to either say or put a video out saying what the guy says, and b) no one is trivialising what he has done or being an apologist for discrimination. What some people are trying to do is add some balance and perspective, and questioning whether a prosecution and custodial sentence for hate speech is justified in this case. I would not argue with someone who believes it is as that is fair enough, it's what the law says it is, but that is very different from you labelling people you know **** all about as passive enablers of bigotry or whatever, or closet anti-semites, just because they try to add some context. Context is important, without it we're back to witch trials and everyone is getting strung up. You seem to think you're a one-man NSC army fighting the good fight against the Neo Nazis and everyone else sleep-walking into a new Third Reich, you're not. Grow up, listen to what people are saying rather than just latching onto any snippet that you think justifies your crusade and sense of self importance and ignoring everything else they've said that doesn't fit with your cartoon image of them - that my friend is bigotry and you are a hypocrite for indulging in it.

It is very difficult to engage with someone like yourself. You have some interesting allies on this thread. I will leave it at that.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
It is very difficult to engage with someone like yourself. You have some interesting allies on this thread. I will leave it at that.

It is for you, clearly. I would suggest that's down to your apparent very limited one-dimensional world view. Hopefully, one day you'll find it easier or I really do fear for how you'll cope with life. If I have some 'interesting allies' on this point as you put it that doesn't concern me in the least. I have friends and acquaintances of widely differing political beliefs and find some areas of common ground with all of them. I share some of yours, that's why it's so laughable that you're accusing someone who has taken an active step like leaving their political party as a protest at its increasing militancy and questionable stance on anti-semitism, Europe etc, as being some kind of closet bigot. It's actions like that that (hopefully) influence people, not shouting your mouth off on internet forums in an attempt to try and look a better human being than everyone else. You also engage in the classic tactic of those with a limited or non-argument to make, i.e. you reply with trite one-liners, picking out one aspect of an in-depth post in order to try and win your 'argument', whilst ignoring all the other points that you can't formulate an argument against (because you simply don't have one). You'd probably make a successful MP if you keep practising that tactic, the front benches are stuffed full of non-serious chancers like that these days.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here