Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Guilty/Free Speech/Grossly Offensive - World gone mad

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
How about if he had blacked the dog up like the Black and White Minstrels and mimicked being lynched by the KKK ? Not so hilarious now is it. It’s OK though cos anti semitism is fashionable again.
I never said anything was hilarious, you are twisting my words.

Your example is classic whataboutism and is not the same as what this guy did. I think you know the difference so won't bother to explain it to you.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im the first to laugh at an inappropriate joke if its funny , training your dog to respond to "gas the jews" isnt and posting it on youtube is clearly going offend people.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
im the first to laugh at an inappropriate joke if its funny , training your dog to respond to "gas the jews" isnt and posting it on youtube is clearly going offend people.

Again, subjective.

Do you thoroughly dislike Ricky Gervais, George Carlin, Sarah Silverman and Frankie Boyle, for a few examples?
All of the above have pushed the boundaries further than many would like, and all of their content is widely available and promoted online.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003

You are missing a very important point here, it wasn't his dog it was his girlfriend's. The joke is that she always goes on about how lovely and cute her dog is so he was trying to turn it into something the opposite to that...... a Nazi.

I agree with your point about posting this on youtube though, it was only ever going to end one way. However i think a criminal conviction is going way to far.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
Any racial hate crime that is proven in a court of law should be dealt with by a prison sentence. So yes, I do think it's ok.

I think we ought to dig up some historical cases then, Alf Garnetts writer, monty python life of Brian. Come on get a grip, it was a joke of very poor taste. We may as well arrest comedians up and down the country for their grossly offensive jokes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As usual there’s a polarisation on this thread, driven by the usual suspects, that means that only one side can be a “winner”.

Actually, everyone here loses. Turning your girlfriend’s “cute” dog in to a monster is actually pretty funny. And the Nazis have been used and satirised in humour from Python to the Jewish Mel Brooks in The Producers and Allo Allo.

But then we get to the dodgy part. “Gas the Jews” is incredibly offensive and stupid. It’s not a joke now and it won’t be in a 100 years.

Should you be jailed for dodgy humour? IMO absolutely not. But public ridicule for being a dickhead is absolutely deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Again, subjective.

Do you thoroughly dislike Ricky Gervais, George Carlin, Sarah Silverman and Frankie Boyle, for a few examples?
All of the above have pushed the boundaries further than many would like, and all of their content is widely available and promoted online.

And you find nothing odd in the behaviour of an adult man repeating 'Gas the Jews' to a dog ad finitum? It's the sort of thing you might, in some non-existent parallel universe, vaguely expect from a pre-pubescent kid, not someone of his age. Utterly pathetic individual.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
As usual there’s a polarisation on this thread, driven by the usual suspects, that means that only one side can be a “winner”.

Actually, everyone here loses. Turning your girlfriend’s “cute” dog in to a monster is actually pretty funny. And the Nazis have been used and satirised in humour from Python to the Jewish Mel Brooks in The Producers and Allo Allo.

But then we get to the dodgy part. “Gas the Jews” is incredibly offensive and stupid. It’s not a joke now and it won’t be in a 100 years.

Should you be jailed for dodgy humour? IMO absolutely not. But public ridicule for being a dickhead is absolutely deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
And you find nothing odd in the behaviour of an adult man repeating 'Gas the Jews' to a dog ad finitum? It's the sort of thing you might, in some non-existent parallel universe, vaguely expect from a pre-pubescent kid, not someone of his age. Utterly pathetic individual.

Definitely not advocating any awards in his favor, nor comedy gigs at his local pubs.
I would have done it much better, but I think the idea was quite funny.

Turn something cute and adorable into something sinister and shocking.
The execution (ignore the pun), wasn't great by any means.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Teaching a dog a ridiculous trick.

What if I trained my dog to do a Hitler salute by shouting (yourname)'s mum is a skanky cancerous bitch?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
If he taught it to say 'Snowflake' I'd possibly die laughing, it would just be so funny, can you imagine, 'Snowflake'

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It’s the ‘gas the jews’ bit that is offensive. It’s really not difficult to understand; your puerile, teenage ‘shock humour’ is unimportant as compared to the offence you cause. Joking about a holocaust of human beings ! I despair of some people (you actually).

In the context of what he was doing it was clearly a joke. Weather one finds it funny is subjective but if you watch the video it is hard to argue that this was not a joke.

The premise of turning his girlfriends dog, who she always goes on about being so cute and lovely, into a Nazi is quite funny IMHO.

Yes, it was clearly a joke.

But as N's B says, it is the inclusion of the words "GAS THE JEWS" which makes it absolutely unfunny, stupid and sick. I doubt if Tony Bloom is laughing at it. Even if the trigger words had been "Sieg Heil", it might not have been quite so bad, or at least not quite so nastily overtly racist.

And if he didn't mean it nastily, he should engage brain before posting something on Facebook.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Yes, it was clearly a joke.

But as N's B says, it is the inclusion of the words "GAS THE JEWS" which makes it absolutely unfunny, stupid and sick. I doubt if Tony Bloom is laughing at it. Even if the trigger words had been "Sieg Heil", it might not have been quite so bad, or at least not quite so nastily overtly racist.

And if he didn't mean it nastily, he should engage brain before posting something on Facebook.

I agree with your post entirely.

Do you think that a criminal conviction is appropriate in this case?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here