Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Guilty/Free Speech/Grossly Offensive - World gone mad

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
In the context of what he was doing it was clearly a joke. Weather one finds it funny is subjective but if you watch the video it is hard to argue that this was not a joke.

The premise of turning his girlfriends dog, who she always goes on about being so cute and lovely, into a Nazi is quite funny IMHO.

Spot on.

How about if he had blacked the dog up like the Black and White Minstrels and mimicked being lynched by the KKK ? Not so hilarious now is it. It’s OK though cos anti semitism is fashionable again.

He shouldn't get a conviction for that either, as long as the dog isn't harmed during the pretend hanging.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As usual there’s a polarisation on this thread, driven by the usual suspects, that means that only one side can be a “winner”.

Actually, everyone here loses. Turning your girlfriend’s “cute” dog in to a monster is actually pretty funny. And the Nazis have been used and satirised in humour from Python to the Jewish Mel Brooks in The Producers and Allo Allo.

But then we get to the dodgy part. “Gas the Jews” is incredibly offensive and stupid. It’s not a joke now and it won’t be in a 100 years.

Should you be jailed for dodgy humour? IMO absolutely not. But public ridicule for being a dickhead is absolutely deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nailed it.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
It’s the ‘gas the jews’ bit that is offensive. It’s really not difficult to understand; your puerile, teenage ‘shock humour’ is unimportant as compared to the offence you cause. Joking about a holocaust of human beings ! I despair of some people (you actually).

In the context of what he was doing it was clearly a joke. Weather one finds it funny is subjective but if you watch the video it is hard to argue that this was not a joke.

The premise of turning his girlfriends dog, who she always goes on about being so cute and lovely, into a Nazi is quite funny IMHO.

I agree with your post entirely.

Do you think that a criminal conviction is appropriate in this case?

I find that difficult. In order to highlight just how offensive (offensive is an inadequate word) using an expression like that is, then yes.

Presuming that the perpetrator was stupidly unthinking rather than deliberately offensive, I would like to find some way of saying to him, with a message to everyone else, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!. But someone who is stupid enough to do that probably wouldn't take any notice.......... so again yes.

I just feel sorry for the dog in all this, who has had his reputation tarnished by this sh1tforbrains idiot.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As usual there’s a polarisation on this thread, driven by the usual suspects, that means that only one side can be a “winner”.

Actually, everyone here loses. Turning your girlfriend’s “cute” dog in to a monster is actually pretty funny. And the Nazis have been used and satirised in humour from Python to the Jewish Mel Brooks in The Producers and Allo Allo.

But then we get to the dodgy part. “Gas the Jews” is incredibly offensive and stupid. It’s not a joke now and it won’t be in a 100 years.

Should you be jailed for dodgy humour? IMO absolutely not. But public ridicule for being a dickhead is absolutely deserved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If thats a crime then you and the rest of the sack of idiots on here should be jailed.

The Sex Pistols had a song called Belsen was a Gas, should Johnny Rotten/Lydon be jailed? What about all those who bought the Albumn? Which may include a few of the apologists on this thread.

What about Monty Pythons Life of Brian and all its jokes about Red Sea Pedestrians etc(The most popular comedy among members on here.). Should John Cleese be locked up? Palin? Idle?

What about those who own copies of the movie? Are they guilty of being in possession of anti-Semitic material?

If you think this man deserves Jail, your a hypocrite and an idiot.

It is really funny seeing you outraged. You hypocritical prick. Now I'm going to block you (long overdue).

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
True. And Maybe looney would find it less "funny" if the owner shouted "Baden-Powell is a wanker" and the dog did the scout's salute?

All very bad taste
"Scout masters are all dodgy kiddy fiddlers"

*dog rolls over and bares it's arse*

Hilarious.

Actually, not funny at all but still funnier than making jokes about the holocaust. ****ing hell.

It's the crux of "freedom of speech" which doesn't equal "freedom to be a total ****".

Of course he shouldn't get sent down but it's out of order and it's not funny whichever way you look at it. And if you think it's funny then yeah, you're a ****.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
You mean the toy dog breed 'the pug' that can suffer various breathing problems and are normally owned by people in candy pink velour tracksuits who drive white Range Rovers?

That was not what I had in mind......... but if he has to put up with all that as well, the poor thing hasn't got a chance.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Yes, it was clearly a joke.

But as N's B says, it is the inclusion of the words "GAS THE JEWS" which makes it absolutely unfunny, stupid and sick. I doubt if Tony Bloom is laughing at it. Even if the trigger words had been "Sieg Heil", it might not have been quite so bad, or at least not quite so nastily overtly racist.

And if he didn't mean it nastily, he should engage brain before posting something on Facebook.

Agreed.

I think given the intent behind it (which I believe) he should have kept it between himself and his girlfriend.

I actually know a lady who was in Auschwitz as a little girl and lost all her immediate family in the gas chambers. I hate to think of her seeing it treated so flippantly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It'd be nothing I hadn't said before. :shrug:

That did make me laugh.

But you didn't though (say it to your actual mum, though) did you though. Nor would you tolerate it if I said it. Unless of course you hate your mum, because she abused you, ****ed your brother, and left your dad for a roadie in Steel Pulse. :lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed.

I think given the intent behind it (which I believe) he should have kept it between himself and his girlfriend.

I actually know a lady who was in Auschwitz as a little girl and lost all her immediate family in the gas chambers. I hate to think of her seeing it treated so flippantly.

I worked with and knew very well the first jew to escape Auschwitz. He wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the Hitler saluting dog or the 'gas the jews' nonsense. On the other hand, had either of the bright sparks caught fire, his full bladder would have been saved for the comfort of a lavatory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Vrba

Anyone weeping over a couple of knobs getting a bit of jail time needs to give their soppy head a wobble. There is still time to nip out and buy a can of Tennants and bag of chips. Now **** off. I'm done reading this absurd broflake nonsense.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Shouldn't the dog be punished for being racist or taking the micky out of humans?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I find that difficult. In order to highlight just how offensive (offensive is an inadequate word) using an expression like that is, then yes.

Presuming that the perpetrator was stupidly unthinking rather than deliberately offensive, I would like to find some way of saying to him, with a message to everyone else, YOU CAN'T DO THAT!. But someone who is stupid enough to do that probably wouldn't take any notice.......... so again yes.

I just feel sorry for the dog in all this, who has had his reputation tarnished by this sh1tforbrains idiot.

The judge described him as intelligent so i hope he has now seen the error of his ways. I also hope that the sentence reflects these ideas and includes some education rather than a prison term.

Maybe the dog can take out a private lawsuit for defamation of character. Although I would suggest he starts with those that bred him into being a pug.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
I worked with and knew very well the first jew to escape Auschwitz. He wouldn't have batted an eyelid at the Hitler saluting dog or the 'gas the jews' nonsense. On the other hand, had either of the bright sparks caught fire, his full bladder would have been saved for the comfort of a lavatory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Vrba

Anyone weeping over a couple of knobs getting a bit of jail time needs to give their soppy head a wobble. There is still time to nip out and buy a can of Tennants and bag of chips. Now **** off. I'm done reading this absurd broflake nonsense.

Woah, I think you might have misinterpreted my post and where I stand on this issue HWT. Did you read DavidinSouthampton's post which I was quoting and made the bulk of my point?

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
It will be interesting to see what the sentence is for this chap's misdemeanour.

Last edited:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Woah, I think you might have misinterpreted my post and where I stand on this issue HWT. Did you read DavidinSouthampton's post which I was quoting and made the bulk of my point?

Apologies - my comments not directed at you at all - directed at the OP for starting the thread and others for agreeing. Whether or not the punishment is harsh or not is in no way worthy of a thread of its own. OP is either stupid, or is deliberately seeding the idea that its OK to be racist. Too many of the politics threads on here are beginning to look to me like manipulation. One or two posters look increasingly like they are only here to persuade as many people as possible to follow their political agenda. Those who argue back quite often get sledged, one person in particular having his personal life ridiculed. There have been bans but only temporary. I think some people are really taking the piss by pursuing a personal/political agenda and getting away with it. They rarely if ever post anything about the Albion. When people comment or object they are mocked or bullied. The general litmus test of a political troll is they simply ignore most rebuttals, unless they feel they can score easy points. As I said I have started blocking them. But unless the moderators start actually doing their job (its easy to ban people for racism or threats, but what about abuse of NSC for political purposes?) it will carry on. Making yourself look soft and cuddley by posting an occasional comedy or music thread fools nobody (except, sadly, it does). Ah well. All the best.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Ok mate. You're on a wind up or you're a sicko. Either way, I'll leave you to it.

the joke wasnt funny , the trick wasnt funny , worthy of prison ? not in a million years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here