Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Away: Photo ID and ST card needed

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
This is why I’m glad my 1901 Club mate didn’t use his tickets for this game. The 1901 season tickets have the company name on but away tickets have been sent to the contact address on the fan number. So if 2 of us went then the ST card would not match either of our photo ids but one of us would be able to produce a covering letter and the guest would not.

AFAIK the loyalty points belong to the company ID since this is a company that’s had them since 2011.

Of course the club may well provide guidelines for these tickets but the reason I’m gobsmacked that people are defending this is that it will only take one officious new PC or steward or one spelling mistake for someone genuine to be turned away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems to fly in the face of the loyalty points scheme then if any tom dick or harry can go to away games just because they are mates with a corporate bod who happens to have several 1901 tickets!

SB005

WSU is my home
Jan 12, 2008
Angmering
I cannot wait for this one! Yes its an appalling ground and we will be treated like animals, but they are our rivals and i personally have never seen us win there and my god do i want to!!

Showing my ID and season ticket upon entrance is no issue if i get so to see us get one over our bitter rivals on their own turf!! Bring it on!!!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Seems to fly in the face of the loyalty points scheme then if any tom dick or harry can go to away games just because they are mates with a corporate bod who happens to have several 1901 tickets!

I don’t follow. There are two tickets with enough loyalty points that are used at every home game and most always. However the fan numbers belong to a company. Are you suggesting that 1901 members have to prove that they are actually company directors?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can the mods change the thread title as it is very clear it's not both ST and ID it's one or other

[Tweet]976151152592064512[/tweet]

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Can the mods change the thread title as it is very clear it's not both ST and ID it's one or other

[Tweet]976151152592064512[/tweet]

That tweet still says both / or so it’s not clear at all. If it’s one or the other then it renders the situation I’ve pointed out to drew null and void since I assume the ticket name would match the corporate ST card.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Indeed. I can’t see the justification for giving loyalty points to corporate 1901 tickets. It devalues the entire scheme and various club communications regarding loyalty points harvesting. I didn’t realize this was even possible until reading this thread.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don’t follow. There are two tickets with enough loyalty points that are used at every home game and most always. However the fan numbers belong to a company. Are you suggesting that 1901 members have to prove that they are actually company directors?

No, I'm saying that the people that actually use the loyalty points to get tickets for away games should be the people that have accrued the loyalty points in the first place. What you describe, and forgive me if I've misinterpreted this, is that the company can buy away tickets and then let anyone use them, even if they've never been to a game all season!

Surely 1901 tickets that aren't allocated to an individual should not be able to accrue loyalty points.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No, I'm saying that the people that actually use the loyalty points to get tickets for away games should be the people that have accrued the loyalty points in the first place. What you describe, and forgive me if I've misinterpreted this, is that the company can buy away tickets and then let anyone use them, even if they've never been to a game all season!

Surely 1901 tickets that aren't allocated to an individual should not be able to accrue loyalty points.

The loyalty points system is for “season ticket holders” , this is the language they use. So technically speaking if a business holds the ticket, which they are clearly able to do, then the business gets the points. Further, it’s quite clear that guests can use 1901 tickets. Whilst it’s not explicit, and not totally joined up, I take all of this to mean that any guest of the business can take any away ticket.

Is it fair, probably not.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The loyalty points system is for “season ticket holders” , this is the language they use. So technically speaking if a business holds the ticket, which they are clearly able to do, then the business gets the points. Further, it’s quite clear that guests can use 1901 tickets. Whilst it’s not explicit, and not totally joined up, I take all of this to mean that any guest of the business can take any away ticket.

Don't think there is any 'probable' about it. The loyalty points scheme is to reward people that have season tickets and who have been going to away games thus earning enough points to be first in line for the release of away tickets. In theory, someone with 1901 tickets in the name of a business rather than individuals could be using them to get away tickets throughout the season and giving them to any Tom, Dick or Harry and then using those accrued points to get tickets for prestige away games and taking corporate guests in order to suck up to them for their own business purposes.

I suspect there may be a few people in the second tier (and possibly third and fourth) of loyalty points who will be a bit pissed off if they've been missing out on big games because of this.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Don't think there is any 'probable' about it. The loyalty points scheme is to reward people that have season tickets and who have been going to away games thus earning enough points to be first in line for the release of away tickets. In theory, someone with 1901 tickets in the name of a business rather than individuals could be using them to get away tickets throughout the season and giving them to any Tom, Dick or Harry and then using those accrued points to get tickets for prestige away games and taking corporate guests in order to suck up to them for their own business purposes.

I suspect there may be a few people in the second tier (and possibly third and fourth) of loyalty points who will be a bit pissed off if they've been missing out on big games because of this.

I hear you, but it’s not something I feel strongly about.

With respect to your last point I know supporters who have moved from tier three to tier one this season. The loyalty scheme seems quite fluid and mobile if you’re willing to put the games in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003

I don’t know as they’re not mine but as I understand it points are allocated to a fan number. I know my friend has two tickets in a company name as this is not only tax advantageous but is also how they were originally sold. He goes every game, normally with his partner, but I’ve had an invite once a season for the last 4 years as his guest and he sometimes entertains other friends or clients on the other ticket.

If you have a ticket that is used every week why should you not get points just because you were told to put it in the company name by the club sales team and your accountant.

But as I said I don’t know for certain so feel free to take it up with the club if it’s bugging you that much. I’m sure they’ll be delighted to discuss their corporate hospitality strategy with you.

This is really taking the issue off on a tangent though. My point is for most games some tickets will genuinely not be held by the person showing up. Not just corporate but comps for players and club officials. Palace have also previously sold boxes for the Brighton game because I remember [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] posting about it.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It’s no different, really, to knowing one of the players or a club official and getting a comp through them. Something else I think the club should probably keep a tight rein on (they may do already). Same with sponsors, etc. There’s plenty who get to go to the games they want without having to build up loyalty the way the system tells us they need to.

It shouldn’t after all these years, but it still irks me that my in-laws got tickets for the cup final through Tony Millard. It’s probably the only football match my mother-in-law has ever been to! At least they brought up their kids to all be loyal supporters, though, so I’ll let them off and continue to bite my tongue when the story is given an airing.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
With respect to your last point I know supporters who have moved from tier three to tier one this season. The loyalty scheme seems quite fluid and mobile if you’re willing to put the games in.

You do have to have a bit of luck if you’re “on the margins” though (or perhaps it’s just determination).

We missed out on West Ham by 2 points and I thought that would be it for the season.

I still remember the day I secured the last 2 tickets for Swansea away and the elation I felt. My heart was beating so fast as I selected the tickets I thought it was going to burst. I had every device I could lay my hands on logged in and in the queue that morning and had to purchase the tickets on an old iPhone with a stupidly small screen compared to my current one.

Getting those tickets meant we also just scraped in to the Spurs away game and managed to move up to tier 2. Still not enough for Palace, though. Back to being 2 points short again!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
That tweet still says both / or so it’s not clear at all. If it’s one or the other then it renders the situation I’ve pointed out to drew null and void since I assume the ticket name would match the corporate ST card.

I read it as just needing my ST, but it is a piss poor use of English and if anyone from the club is reading this (and indubitably are), you should be ashamed that such illiterate drivel got out into the public domain.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

It's clear to me ST OR ID AND Match ticket

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Indeed. I can’t see the justification for giving loyalty points to corporate 1901 tickets. It devalues the entire scheme and various club communications regarding loyalty points harvesting. I didn’t realize this was even possible until reading this thread.

But we keep getting told 1901ers deserve it because they pay more than anybody else

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I do not recall having my passport checked at the playoff game although we were requested to have photo ID for that one. As a non driver it's annoying that I have to take my passport for this, I wonder if my machine washed travel card will suffice.

It's a pain, but these measures are reciprocal and sadly as this fixture is normally bonehead central they are to be expected until we can all be trusted to behave.

I wasn't going to go, as quite frankly it is the most unpleasant away day there is. However as the season has worn on, my desire to see us win this game has got the better of me and I'll endure it one more time. No win this season will taste sweeter should we achieve it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here