Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Away: Photo ID and ST card needed

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
These measures do seem fairly draconian, it makes you wonder what happens when other rivals play each other in the PL. Do Arsenal insist on this when they play Spurs for example?

I honestly don't know.

I don't really get what is draconian about this bit. I could accept that clubs keeping a database of all fans, keeping a detailed record of exactly what games they are attending and using that to allocate future tickets is actually very intrusive when you think about it. But this is just a very minor inconvenience to enforce that.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I've got a pink one

I stand corrected. Mine's pink too! Can't think why I thought it was green. However, there's no photo of my ugly mug on it.

The Optimist

NSC Patreon
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned already but isn’t there a risk you could quite legitimately not read the bit on the website about this? I’m thinking of my dad (in his 70s) who has a ticket for away at Palace but only sometimes looks at the club website and could easily miss this requirement. Surely things like this should be stated at the point of purchase.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Don’t know if it’s been mentioned already but isn’t there a risk you could quite legitimately not read the bit on the website about this? I’m thinking of my dad (in his 70s) who has a ticket for away at Palace but only sometimes looks at the club website and could easily miss this requirement. Surely things like this should be stated at the point of purchase.

I think there is going to be a note when the tickets are sent out.

Generally it seems a reasonable approach to deter people who aren’t entitled to attend (ie those that didn’t buy a ticket from the club) from attending, and to prevent trouble. HOWEVER I do wonder what will happen to any Albion fans in the area without tickets.

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
Hold on, it states-
Prior to entry at Selhurst Park, ticket holders MUST ensure they present both photo ID or their Season/Membership Cards alongside their match ticket.

So is that both or just one of two?

I thought exactly the same when I read this. It’s ambiguous and poorly worded IMO and I now feel I need to email Supporter Services to get this clarified.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely the least enjoyable away trip of the season. Herded around like animals, ID checks, held back at the end in a dilapidated toilet of a ground, kettled back to the station. Bollocks to all that. Life's too short.

Pub, barstool and moody stream. Lovely.

Never going there ever again. I am allergic to the smell of old piss and wind.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Palace Away: Photo ID and ST card needed

Sigh. There used to be a game called football which we used to turn up to and enjoy. Wherever did that go?

Now you have to have your name, address, URL, phone number, e-mail address, financial details, inside leg measurement and CRB checks (whatever they're called now) on umpteen databases which will share your information with other databases to improve targeted marketing opportunities (aka junk mail) just to buy a ticket, and then you're expected to produce photo ID at every venue. It ain't football any more............................

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Cambridge Analytica are organising the security checks. On arrival you must give them-
NI number, mothers maiden name, date of birth, home address and all contact details
Facebook login details
Amazon login details
ST Number & login password
Credit card number & pin
Online banking login name and password
ERROR.
Sorry forgot, they know all that already. Just give them your name.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Train from Norwood Junction goes at 5.57pm. lolz

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Also, my mate has two 1901 tickets in the name of a local taxi company. Does he need to take a taxi as proof of ID?

Wouldn't the away tickets for Palace have had to have been assigned to someone with the required loyalty points? If so, they are the ones that need to provide id as they will have their name on the ticket.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Sigh. There used to be a game called football which we used to turn up to and enjoy. Wherever did that go?

Now you have to have your name, address, URL, phone number, e-mail address, financial details, inside leg measurement and CRB checks (whatever they're called now) on umpteen databases which will share your information with other databases to improve targeted marketing opportunities (aka junk mail) just to buy a ticket, and then you're expected to produce photo ID at every venue. It ain't football any more............................

When did you start going then? For me it was the mid 70s and you didn't just turn up, you had, on quite a few occasions, have to turn up and hope you didn't bump into a bunch of the away fans!!!

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Also, my mate has two 1901 tickets in the name of a local taxi company. Does he need to take a taxi as proof of ID?

44A106BF-4794-456D-B400-91E9F9A31C40.jpeg

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
When did you start going then? For me it was the mid 70s and you didn't just turn up, you had, on quite a few occasions, have to turn up and hope you didn't bump into a bunch of the away fans!!!

Been there. Never wore colours hoping to blend in. Some frightening trips to games played behind fences.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Wouldn't the away tickets for Palace have had to have been assigned to someone with the required loyalty points? If so, they are the ones that need to provide id as they will have their name on the ticket.

This is why I’m glad my 1901 Club mate didn’t use his tickets for this game. The 1901 season tickets have the company name on but away tickets have been sent to the contact address on the fan number. So if 2 of us went then the ST card would not match either of our photo ids but one of us would be able to produce a covering letter and the guest would not.

AFAIK the loyalty points belong to the company ID since this is a company that’s had them since 2011.

Of course the club may well provide guidelines for these tickets but the reason I’m gobsmacked that people are defending this is that it will only take one officious new PC or steward or one spelling mistake for someone genuine to be turned away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
This is pointless for all the reasons already stated.

Best way to avoid trouble was to play the game at 12pm. Still gobsmacked that the met police didn’t do this.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here