Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Away: Photo ID and ST card needed

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
So why weren't these conditions made public at the time that the tickets went on sale. I have a green driving licence so no photo id. I have no work photo id so despite having a ticket I am now effectively barred from going.

It would also seem to be harsher that the palace visit to the Amex as only their club card was required.

Agree, as I will not be going on those terms, as this is a game of bloody football. I will be requesting a refund as they never made this information available at time of purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Calm down everyone-

".....both photo ID OR their Season/Membership Cards alongside their match ticket."

Suggest inaccurate thread title changed to prevent further bedwetting.

That's fair enough,can't grumble then.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
So why weren't these conditions made public at the time that the tickets went on sale. I have a green driving licence so no photo id. I have no work photo id so despite having a ticket I am now effectively barred from going.

It would also seem to be harsher that the palace visit to the Amex as only their club card was required.

They'd better be. I've got one too!

Yep, I stand corrected. If issued before 1998 it is still valid. I upgraded mine to photo ID as didn’t want to keep a scrappy bit of paper. The old memory failing me there.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hold on, it states-
Prior to entry at Selhurst Park, ticket holders MUST ensure they present both photo ID or their Season/Membership Cards alongside their match ticket.

So is that both or just one of two?

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
In general I am against a surveillance society where we are constantly having to show ID. I'm also against a lot of the features of so-called modern football. However, it was bloody hard to get a ticket for this, and there are doubtless people who've abused their loyalty points position to get tickets for others. I (like 90% on here I'd imagine) carry my driving license and Albion ST in my wallet at all times anyway, and this is likely to take about 30 seconds on the way in, where there will already be huge delays for searches. I am struggling to get annoyed about this.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
In general I am against a surveillance society where we are constantly having to show ID. I'm also against a lot of the features of so-called modern football. However, it was bloody hard to get a ticket for this, and there are doubtless people who've abused their loyalty points position to get tickets for others. I (like 90% on here I'd imagine) carry my driving license and Albion ST in my wallet at all times anyway, and this is likely to take about 30 seconds on the way in, where there will already be huge delays for searches. I am struggling to get annoyed about this.

File along with those who claim we shouldn't worry about other breaches of civil liberties because "you'll have nothing to worry about if you're not doing anything wrong". If we accept this then we'll have to be just as accepting of bubble games when they come along in a season or two, and then where does it go from there? Not to mention it's completely pointless when all the trouble down here was caused by people who didn't have tickets, not those who did.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
File along with those who claim we shouldn't worry about other breaches of civil liberties because "you'll have nothing to worry about if you're not doing anything wrong". If we accept this then we'll have to be just as accepting of bubble games when they come along in a season or two, and then where does it go from there? Not to mention it's completely pointless when all the trouble down here was caused by people who didn't have tickets, not those who did.

Those are good points in terms of the slippery slope. I'm not sure how much I agree with the analogy to civil liberties - is it a civil liberty to use a ticket bought in someone else's name?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
This was all threatened last time we played them up there. I wasn’t checked and I don’t think others were

I remember being told to taken ID to Selhurst, when we played them in the first play off in 2013. I don't think I was asked to show it, but it was definitely issued as prematch instructions.

I've also heard that the away tickets will have the holder's name on them so the ID and ticket has to match.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
All ready

4A3F854300000578-5513257-image-a-50_1521304734516.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Not to mention it's completely pointless when all the trouble down here was caused by people who didn't have tickets, not those who did.

I'm not sure that's completely true, and as I have just pointed out, we were asked to take ID in 2013.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Hold on, it states-
Prior to entry at Selhurst Park, ticket holders MUST ensure they present both photo ID or their Season/Membership Cards alongside their match ticket.

Pretty sure its merely poorly expressed, and the "both" relates to one of the two required forms of ID AND the match ticket.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Those are good points in terms of the slippery slope. I'm not sure how much I agree with the analogy to civil liberties - is it a civil liberty to use a ticket bought in someone else's name?

No but it's a civil liberty to be able to walk down the street without having to provide photo ID.

And, as others have said a) this should have been very clear in the terms and conditions when the ticket was purchased - explicitly stated at point of sale - and b) what about people with 1901 tickets in their firm's name. I was lucky enough to get to go to Arsenal with my mate who used his company's 1901 tickets but I'm glad I didn't ask him to try for Palace now.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
I'm not sure that's completely true, and as I have just pointed out, we were asked to take ID in 2013.

You're NOT SURE? But you thought you'd reply to the point just in case? And you really do think everyone on here reads every word you post don't you? News flash, I normally skim read your posts at best.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Anyone had their tickets arrive in the post? Usually they come quite quickly after the sale date but not these. As for I.D. No real surprise- no bags and be prepared to remove any hats on entry.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Hold on, it states-

That simply doesn't make sense. It can't be both ... or....

It's got to be

1) both .... and

OR

2) either.... or

And there's quite a difference between them.

So someone who's got a ticket from someone else (who's eligible through loyalty points but who doesn't actually want to go themselves) who's also prepared to lend them the season ticket, would be able to get in under the second option (assuming at least that they are the right sex), but not the first.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here