Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] What is the longest you have walked in one go?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
About 20 miles in one day from Glynde to Eastbourne via the South Downs and the Seven Sisters. Actually further as up and down hills increases mileage. Fantastic walk. Also did a walk from Salisbury to Stonehenge which was about 18 miles.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I've tried and failed to do the South Downs Way. I walked from Beachy Head to Falmer before blisters the size of slugs did me in. That's about 25 miles. I've done Brighton to West Worthing a few times after missing the train home.

My brother on the other hand....he's an ultra-marathon runner and done a fair few hundred mile runs. The most gruelling was 24 hours non-stop running around a 400m running track in Tooting. He did 110 miles running and a further 6 miles walking. Madness.

Ripon Gull

Feb 9, 2012
The Scilly Islands to Muckleflugga at the north end of the island of Unst in the Shetlands via. Land's End, John O'Groats and the Orkney Islands (and a ferry and a plane). Over 1000 miles and 247 pints of ale

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
In a single hit, it would be competing in the Sussex Downsman Hike prior to when I took over organising it. I did about 60 miles in just over 15 hours Buriton to Falmer (Newmarket Inn).

This year, I may get to do 65 miles on the same event, now I don’t organise it any more.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
47 miles with a back pack , in the pissing rain ...22 miles the next day ..........done feck all for a week after that . first day involved a 300 mfr swim across a river on the out going tide just before dark....character building , apparently .

marcos3263

Oct 29, 2009
Fishersgate and Proud
Welcome to NSC Reece.

I once left a hotel, after a works Christmas party at 1.00am, and arrived home about 5.00am. Going by the average walking pace of 3.5 miles per hour, suggests I walked about 14 miles.

Its only a mile and a half in a straight line, mind.

Similar, I organised a Stag do to Cologne and obviously ended up in Pasha the biggest Brothel/strip club in Europe. The drinks are free to get you spending and we were pished before we got there. Several hours and many lap dances later we got up to leave and them all split up as taxis arrived, people needed toilet etc. I got left alone, with no cash, no mobile and no sense. I know I have a great radar and direction so set off walking back to the hotel (hostel) sadly I was in a foreign country and very very lost. I spent 4 hours walking in circles and getting nowhere around residential streets as the night slowly turned to day. I eventually got to a petrol station sobbing with blistered feet and ordered a cab. My mates had been up all night waiting and worried as they had called my mobile countless times and even posted on facebook so my wife knew I was AWOL at a brothel (thanks) NO IDEA how far I walked - somewhere between 5 and 5000 miles but it was emotional.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Not the furthest that I’ve ever walked, but one evening many years ago a mate and I ended up walking 9 miles from Bearwood in Birmingham to Hagley, having no idea where Hagley was at the time. We had been given rough directions and were told it would take 15-20 minutes to get there. They had made the false assumption that we would be driving.

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
About 20 miles , carrying camping gear which weighed 30lbs. From Tyndrum to Kingshouse Hotel on the West Highland Way

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Plenty of times from Guildford to home after a night out around 12 Miles . Every Sunday will have a 5 to 7 Mile stroll just to keep up the steps .

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

40 miles, Keswick to Barrow sponsored walk - was quite a big event and we travelled from our school in Haywards Heath to take part as our Maths teacher was from the Lake District area originally - we were aged 14/15. Worst bit was the journey back - this was in a school mini-bus, wooden slats down the side, and every time someone inevitably got cramp on the 10 hour journey home, they got a good kicking from the rest of the group as they writhed in agony on the floor! Tears for Fears "The Hurting" was the sound track for the trip - no humour was intended!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
When I was about 10 my older brother thought that a walk along the South Downs Way from Hangleton to Arundel would be a good day out. I think it's over 20 miles of walking up and down hills and I hated every minute of it in the baking midsummer sunshine.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Not the furthest that I’ve ever walked, but one evening many years ago a mate and I ended up walking 9 miles from Bearwood in Birmingham to Hagley, having no idea where Hagley was at the time. We had been given rough directions and were told it would take 15-20 minutes to get there. They had made the false assumption that we would be driving.

Should've hopped on a No. 9 bus!

I've done around 15miles in a day on the Camino to Santiago. All in all I reckon I walked about 200-250 miles of the 500 total and cheated by hitching lifts for the rest. More than 40 years ago and my feet still ache :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here