Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Brighton Custody Centre

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to ASDA today and noticed scaffolding and a To Let sign outside of the custody centre what is happening? Is it just the top offices being let or is the centre closing or moving?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The centre is there but some of the offices that were part of it are being let out separately.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I think the custody suite is behind Sussex House BG, whilst on the subject how many on here have spent the night or longer in the care of Sussex’s finest, how many times and when?

I’ll go first
Twice in the 1980’s[emoji23]

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I used to volunteer for I.D parades.

True story:

On two occasions I was selected by the witness.

One occasion, a Sunday afternoon in 1998, I was sat next to the accused. He being number 1 and me number 2. Although you couldn't see the witness, for some insane reason you could hear them.

The witness took a good look and in a pompous aristocratic voice declared "It's definitely number 2 !". Cue hysterical laughter. The accused turned to me and said "Cheers mate".

I spoke to a relation not long after who had a distant past of criminal activity. I informed him that I would get ten pounds for doing very little for an hour and half. "Last time I did an I.D parade I got three years" he responded.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

True story:

On two occasions I was selected by the witness.

One occasion, a Sunday afternoon in 1998, I was sat next to the accused. He being number 1 and me number 2. Although you couldn't see the witness, for some insane reason you could hear them.

The witness took a good look and in a pompous aristocratic voice declared "It's definitely number 2 !". Cue hysterical laughter. The accused turned to me and said "Cheers mate".

I spoke to a relation not long after who had a distant past of criminal activity. I informed him that I would get ten pounds for doing very little for an hour and half. "Last time I did an I.D parade I got three years" he responded.

I’m amazed they shared the ID of the perp with the rest of the line up!!???

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I’m amazed they shared the ID of the perp with the rest of the line up!!???

The accused always came with a solicitor who then chose how the line up would form. The plan being to put them with someone of similar feature.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo

As a teen when I was between jobs I’d do ID parades. Sometimes there would be 3 in a row for which you got paid for each parade. The staff would give you tea and biscuits while you waited, Was easy way to make some money.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The accused always came with a solicitor who then chose how the line up would form. The plan being to put them with someone of similar feature.

I’m quite tall so they often got put next to me to make them seem shorter,

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I did 3 id parades. Was told that innocent people even if picked would just walk away. As has been said here its easy to spot the guilt person. As a large early balding man i often had the middle aged guilty party put next to me so they looked older. All 3 times they got picked out without any finger pointing or knowing looks from me

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm not going to confess to spending a any nights at this custody centre (but may have done elsewhere). However, I have spent many nights on this site as I worked for Gross/Chubbs long before the police were there.

I sometimes did security there and it could be quite a scary place at night as various machines burst into life!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No plans to close Hollingbury custody and there is no new police station being built, Brighton police station is currently being refurbished though.

Apparently they have also bought the premises opposite and are including that in the station. The firm he works for was asked to tender to remove the asbestos but it was too big a job as he said there was only 1 company that could take on.such a job.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here