Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Which new Albion player has impressed you the most?

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015
Wouldn't be surprised if Propper is playing for a top 4 club in a couple of years. Along with Gross, by far the most intelligent player we have

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
All are good , since Schellotto has been playing there is more depth and we are winning a few games. there are no bad signings. Even our u23s have recruited well and we have moved up to 3rd in the league.

Very much this. I very much appreciate Markus Suttner when he is playing, and he is the least of the bunch. Gross is just wonderful, Propper a "proper" player who oozes class, Schelotto solid and exciting at the same time, Izquierdo exhilarating and Ryan athletic, dependable and a lovely guy.

Locadia is more recent, but I personally saw enough at Old Trafford to anticipate some exciting times from him.

Did I miss anyone out?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
TBH, it's nice that so many of them have done so well.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
TBH, it's nice that so many of them have done so well.

This. And, in the process, prevented us all from a lot of relegation dogfight grief/pain/nervous tension (I'm hugely confident of our survival).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Have we every had such a successful summer transfer window with all of Ryan, Suttner, Scheletto, Propper , Gross, Izquierdo and Krul adding to the quality of the squad.

Over the season so far I would just put Gross ahead

Oddly I was one of most supporters in September furious we didn't sign a striker and considering placing a bet on Brighton setting a new record for the least goals scored in a season and least points gained. Lots of us considered it to have been a poor summer transfer window with the biggest problem not being solved.

Even in January NSC was full of posts about how we need a striker quickly otherwise we were doomed! I was in full agreement.

I think all our signings were excellent and have continued to improve as the season has progressed but I cannot help but wonder where we would be had we signed the much needed striker in August

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Gross looked at home (both at our club and at this level) the minute he walked onto the field, in a way none of the others did. Has to be him.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Gross looked at home (both at our club and at this level) the minute he walked onto the field, in a way none of the others did. Has to be him.

Hmmm .... there were plenty of people on here saying that we'd made a mistake signing him. And that was after quite a few games. I haven't seen the running score of player ratings recently but, the last time, I saw it, Groß wasn't in the top five players (and his rating was below the team average). I suspect that's no longer the case but there were lots of people on here who didn't rate him

Ryan and Pröpper weren't rated initially either - there's a bit of history rewriting going on in this thread.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oddly I was one of most supporters in September furious we didn't sign a striker and considering placing a bet on Brighton setting a new record for the least goals scored in a season and least points gained. Lots of us considered it to have been a poor summer transfer window with the biggest problem not being solved.

Even in January NSC was full of posts about how we need a striker quickly otherwise we were doomed! I was in full agreement.

I think all our signings were excellent and have continued to improve as the season has progressed but I cannot help but wonder where we would be had we signed the much needed striker in August

IF the 'much needed striker' had arrived, and had he hit the ground running, well enough to play up front on his own, link up play really well, and notch up 13 goals by this stage of the season, then I'd say we'd be about 12th, on 34 points.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I knew alot about Jose and Ryan before we signed them so I am less impressed as I already had expectations. Jose is hitting those expectations now but it's took him a while and Ryan is so good. Got to be Gross for me, I knew nothing about him at all and he's now one of the best players outside the top 6.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The fact that Gross was only £3m - It has to be him. He just creates space in cutting edge attacking situations it is superb but in reality. All of them have played their part this season

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
IF the 'much needed striker' had arrived, and had he hit the ground running, well enough to play up front on his own, link up play really well, and notch up 13 goals by this stage of the season, then I'd say we'd be about 12th, on 34 points.

:) :thumbsup:

The 'grass is always greener' insinuation might be that Andone would have taken us into Europe :lolol: .

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Gross & Ryan have equally impressed me the most. Most of them have been excellent though. I remember at spurs away when people were griping about Schellotto but I thought he showed some real spark of a threat going forward in the 2nd half. I saw the potential and as he settled in with more games I was proven right

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
:) :thumbsup:

The 'grass is always greener' insinuation might be that Andone would have taken us into Europe :lolol: .

Or the Spanish second division. Andone and his Deportivo team have proper stunk the place out this season in La Liga, they are almost certainly down. We will get him cheap if we still want him, I expect.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
This. And, in the process, prevented us all from a lot of relegation dogfight grief/pain/nervous tension (I'm hugely confident of our survival).

3 points will do it imo. I am uber confident that significant investment will be made in the summer.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hmmm .... there were plenty of people on here saying that we'd made a mistake signing him. And that was after quite a few games. I haven't seen the running score of player ratings recently but, the last time, I saw it, Groß wasn't in the top five players (and his rating was below the team average). I suspect that's no longer the case but there were lots of people on here who didn't rate him

Ryan and Pröpper weren't rated initially either - there's a bit of history rewriting going on in this thread.

Each to their own, personally I wasn't even on here at the start of the season, but unlike the others (and with the possible exception of Suttner) he didn't need to have time to adjust in the way the others did. Arguably Izquierdo and Propper didn't properly settle until nearly Christmas. I thought Gross was good even in that opening few weeks, albeit I feared he was too slow having got used to a diet of Baldock running his backside off in the same position anything up to 5 times a season depending on fitness.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here