Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Thai Curry (sort of)

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Made a very strange discovery tonight. Been mucking about in the kitchen making soup.

Cooked a few florets of Cauliflower in coconut water (not milk), Lime Leaves, Lemon Grass, Stock Cube, Garlic, Ginger, Chilli and more water to get a thinnish consistency.

Couple of dabs of chilli sauce and fish sauce. Threw in a very small handful of cashew nuts.

Blended in one of those power blenders.

Made the most remarkable very healthy green curry sauce, no taste of cauliflower at all.

I've always been a bit sceptical about the power of cauliflower - but this is really nice.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
This could easily pass as a Hove Born&Bred post

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Cauliflower pizza bases are a lot of work but make a good wheat substitute.
Have 8 overwintering cauliflowers at the allotment. If Spring decides to come they'll be ready soon, must remember to pickle one ready for a mid summer piccalilli.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;8387115 said:
I made cottage pie last night

Heading home in 45 minutes to make Shephard's Pie...... funny old world innit

Well isn't it just!
Home made cottage pie here too. :lolol:

And not a cauliflower in sight!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
We got a soup maker the other day. The world that that has opened up is phenomenal. And all
fresh veg.

So you can take your shepherd's pie and stick it :)

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Made a very strange discovery tonight. Been mucking about in the kitchen making soup.

Cooked a few florets of Cauliflower in coconut water (not milk), Lime Leaves, Lemon Grass, Stock Cube, Garlic, Ginger, Chilli and more water to get a thinnish consistency.

Couple of dabs of chilli sauce and fish sauce. Threw in a very small handful of cashew nuts.

Blended in one of those power blenders.

Made the most remarkable very healthy green curry sauce, no taste of cauliflower at all.

I've always been a bit sceptical about the power of cauliflower - but this is really nice.

Sounds alright that I could DRINK that as soup

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Assumed this was a thread to organise an NSC curry night and am very disappointed now.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
I made baked beans on toast, with some chopped spring onions, cheese, a bit of chilli sauce and a dash of Worcester sauce. Masterchef next year watch out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here