Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] What is your 1 favourite computer / console game?

Jimmy Come Lately

Registered Loser
Oct 27, 2011
Hove
It was only when I recently read this history of Lemmings that I was reminded that it had a genius but overlooked two-player mode. Never has a game so nurtured my petty, vindictive and simply cruel side. You won by getting more Lemmings into your exit than your opponent's on a shared landscape. You could do this in traditional Lemmings style, by trying to save as many lemmings as possible... or you could rescue just one, then set about ensuring that not one other made it alive to your opponent's exit.

Another overlooked two-player gem (although justly forgotten as a one-player game) was Return Fire on the PlayStation, which also offered great scope for absolutely stitching up the other player. But it's two-player Lemmings that I remember being nearly perfect.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Vic 20 , Blitz
Spectrum, Match Day
N64 ,Goldeneye
Play station Brian Lara and Fifa various years
PC . Medal of Honor

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Seeing as so many are ignoring the one game rule I'm also going to throw the Bioshock series and Pilotwings64 in to the mix.

Completed all Bioshock games while collecting all trophies. Didn't like number 3. Loved the other two

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
FM17 and Minecraft at the moment.

Gran Turismo Sport on occasion.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
Completed all Bioshock games while collecting all trophies. Didn't like number 3. Loved the other two

The third one really took some getting in to, and I must admit I came very close to quitting it just before the end of what is in effect the tutorial. I'm glad I persevered though as I still found it a very enjoyable game.

First one is definitely best, but the second one is massively improved by the dual wielding of your weapon and plasmid.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
The last computer game I played was Football manager about 5/6 years ago. Great game, but life is too short.

Tell that to the Shrewsbury fans who were celebrating winning league 1 last season!!

mooey

Mar 30, 2012
Lords of chaos spectrum 48k
spy hunter spectrum 48k
player manager amiga 500
sensible soccer amiga 500
supercars 2 amiga 500
street fighter 2 super nes
play station command and conquer
playstation die hard

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Tell that to the Shrewsbury fans who were celebrating winning league 1 last season!!

Sorry, I've only got time for the Dagenham & Redbridge fans who watched their team climb from the bottom division all the way up to becoming the biggest club in world football. Their manager spent most of his time on holiday through a lot of their success. Amazing!

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Without a doubt the best game that I've ever played. Hours of enjoyment as a kid. I recently borrowed an N64 from a friend and played it all again. It took a while to get used to the retro graphics but the game was still a lot of fun.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I think Skyrim counts as ancient now too :lolol:

It probably does, but even GTA 5 is now 5 years okd and still selling well. Testament to both games quality that they have been around for a while and still absolutely amazing games.

Skyrim is my favourite without question though. I read a brilliant review when it first came out that summarised it with the heading "Skyrim: Undeniably better than real life".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here