Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Beef Paste

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Six slices of white bread and butter, Shippam's fish paste, and a layer of Golden Wonder crisps - cheese and onion, prawn coctail, chicken or salt and vinegar. My evening meal from age about 9 till I left home at 18......no wonder I have diverticulosis :facepalm::lolol:

Still enjoy a sardine and tomato paste with salt and vinegar crisps sandwich

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
That was what we had on our school sarnies for years or this bad boy

0000050457908_L.jpeg

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Nan and Aunt both worked there in Chichester (though far predating my existence).

Ate loads of the meaty ones as a kid in the 80's but never got into the fish ones.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
IDShot_225x225.jpg

Had some of this lovely stuff on a sandwich this lunchtime.

:drool:

Forgot how good this was, anyone else on here a big fan of meat based pastes??

???

Staple diet when I was a wee nipper - along with that wonderful other 70's food - SPAM !!. Wonder how much 'beef' is actually in it and wonder what part of said cow that is :moo:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Toast Toppers were our big thing on a Saturday night and then we progressed to Vesta Curry's

Frying the noodles that went on top, always seemed there were double these than there was curry!

SouthCoastOwl

May 23, 2013
Vaux Sur Seine
I'd just like to thank my dear old mum, who died last year, for never feeding me any of that s**t when I was growing up in the 60s and 70s.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
When I was a kid those pastes were the most imaginative sandwich filler available. Salmon was a particular favourite- i can’t imagine now what shit is contained in any of them.
My Dad went round Shippams years ago and reckoned they were spot on - not a load of shit at all.

Preferred the fish ones myself - especially the wonderful bloater variety. Salmon and tomato pretty decent too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
IDShot_225x225.jpg

Had some of this lovely stuff on a sandwich this lunchtime.

:drool:

Forgot how good this was, anyone else on here a big fan of meat based pastes??

???
They missed a marketing trick there - if they'd called it Beef Pate thy could have sold it in smaller pots at three times the price!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
My dad ran a shop so we had all this stuff in the 1960s. My favourite paste was Bloater by a long way, and I loved sandwich spread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here