Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Leftie scores massive own goal on twitter !!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I was being lazy. It stands for Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender Queer Intersex Asexual Pansexual (or Polyamorous/Polygamous) Kinky.

This explains it: http://www.mtv.co.uk/pride/news/lgbtq-acronym-guide but I don't get the distinction between bisexual and pansexual. I'm also lost on why asexual, polyamorous and kinky are included with the gender terms. And what would an asexual activist be campaigning for?

Hmm...not sure after learning all that, that it's really helping make people take gender issues seriously.
:mad::shrug:

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
You have a made a fair point about it being difficult to measure neurotransmitters, but it is possible, and a lot of the latest theories and diets are based around this. Rather than quote a lot of links to dry research studies, which I don't think would further the discussion, please see this link to an article by Robb Wolf, one of the leading lights of the Paleo / Ancestral lifestyle movement.

https://robbwolf.com/2012/09/14/12377/

This is not about arcane point-scoring. I passionately believe that the latest research into these topics is giving us insight into our biochemistry in a way that science and medicine hasn't been able to do so far.

With regards to your point about calories, there is some truth to that, but it does not hold 100% true. Dave Asprey (aka The Bullet Proof Executive) lost tons of weight eating 4,000 calories a day of a high-fat, low carb diet.

There is other research if you are interested showing that vitamin and mineral deficiencies could be linked to criminal behaviour due to the effect they exert on neurotransmitters.

I will not now spoil my post by hinting at the conclusion that any "Corbynista" must suffer from a mental imbalance.:lolol:

An article which itself does not provide references to primary research articles for claims made is not a credible source of information within the science world. Further, the article does not support all the claims you made. I need to see direct research articles from peer-reviewed journals.

There may be some findings around that show certain things, but don't be so quick to apply these to the entire morbidly obese population. There are so, so many confounds and differences in individual variation.

My point about energy intake is 100% true. It is by far the biggest predictor of weight loss. That doesn't mean other things cannot also allow you to lose weight.

There is some really interesting studies out there. Our understanding of epigenetics, and possibly transgenerational epigenetics, is increasing all the time, and sounds like something you'd be interested in reading up on. But...

... ess complicated.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
another one who ljkes a bit of violence by proxy due to lacking tbe balls to actually carry it out.

Another one who didnt get an erection at Speakers Corner you mean?
Incidentally, who said I liked violence? All I have said is they have been jailed and already Golding has a broken nose. An own goal.
If thats liking violence, you really are a strange, frustrated individual.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Couldn't it equally be stated as "fascists/islamaphobes hijack social media poll"
But it does show how inherently easily manipulated and therefore statistically unreliable social media is.

Why use the term hijack? She asked people to vote, they did. :shrug:

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
An article which itself does not provide references to primary research articles for claims made is not a credible source of information within the science world. Further, the article does not support all the claims you made. I need to see direct research articles from peer-reviewed journals.

There may be some findings around that show certain things, but don't be so quick to apply these to the entire morbidly obese population. There are so, so many confounds and differences in individual variation.

My point about energy intake is 100% true. It is by far the biggest predictor of weight loss. That doesn't mean other things cannot also allow you to lose weight.

There is some really interesting studies out there. Our understanding of epigenetics, and possibly transgenerational epigenetics, is increasing all the time, and sounds like something you'd be interested in reading up on. But...

... ess complicated.

I am very interested in epigenetics - I have had my own genetic make-up mapped to look for any pre-dispositions. It seems the latest thoughts are that a combination of epigenetics and the microbiome maketh the man (or woman).

We could continue with this discussion, but I am conscious that it is not what the thread is about, and we may bore others.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Why use the term hijack? She asked people to vote, they did. :shrug:

Its far from inflammatory as I think you'd like to suggest.
I'm sure you can work out her intent without me signposting it and it didn't work for reasons I suspect you can fathom.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I glanced her Twitter feed

Had she put herself on the list I’d have voted for her .

She’s mental

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Asexual is without sexual feelings, like Stephen Fry or Kenneth Williams claimed they were at one point or another.

You may be thinking of cell division.

Meanwhile worms are hermaphrodites who have both sets and use both sets during copulation in the hope both will get pregnant. The human equivalent can allegedly be found in a live demo on [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] ‘s DVD collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In biology asexual is where gametes do not need to come together and join or fuse to reproduce.
I don’t doubt that El Pres has a whole section on single sex bodies.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
112k votes, impressive for a twitter account with 1400 followers. Thanks for posting

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If that amount of calories is a regular dinner for her, she will quickly lose weight, and will become much healthier. There's all these different diets and fads but in the end, by far the biggest predictor of weight loss is energy intake.

You've made a very complex statement with lots of buzzwords, but generally speaking I'm unaware of research that indicates all 'morbidly' obese people have hormone and neurotransmitter imbalances directly resulting from obesity that directly results in abnormal character traits. In fact, this would be extremely challenging to test in humans. It's very complicated, with lots of confounds. How are you meant to separate cause and effect? That's before even mentioning the limited equipment available to assess neurotransmitter activity in the brain, let alone imbalances. Do you know of any primary research articles that act as a source for this information?

It's double carbs FFS, beans on toast isn't a healthy dinner. Where are the other nutrients? A few slices of cucumber don't cancel out all the refined carbs and sugar.

Grilled fish and vegetables is a healthy dinner.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
It's double carbs FFS, beans on toast isn't a healthy dinner. Where are the other nutrients? A few slices of cucumber don't cancel out all the refined carbs and sugar.

Grilled fish and vegetables is a healthy dinner.

I said it's relatively healthy. 2 of your 5-a-day and plenty of fibre and a low calorie intake for a dinner. We don't know what she normally eats, but presumably it's not fish and veg, so relative to what she normally eats, it's probably healthy. And on its own, it's not entirely unhealthy. Better that than something like burger and chips. If you're not used it it / don't like it, it's not easy to force down grilled fish and vegetables straight away. Eating healthy is process of changing habits, and it can also be expensive. We don't know her finances. Her dinner looks like it cost less than a quid, vs several quid more for fish and vegetables, which of course is healthier than beans on toast + cucumber, relatively speaking. If she's trying to change her diet and calorie intake to reduce her weight and become healthier, then I don't think that's something to sneer at. :shrug:

I make no comment on her other tweets. I just thought that was a curious tweet to pick out.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
"Not a great day. Some things are set to challenge us. At least I get to snuggle up with my furry face gang. Goodnight to all the decent folk, and may the Nazis have nightmares."

Should we wake her up and tell her that Islam is now up to 69%?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here