• Total voters

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Probably fishing.

Sussexscots

Fed up with trains. Sick of the rain.
My view is that England gave the world its three greatest team sports. Football, Cricket and Rugby Union. If any of those are on tv, I'll sit and watch them.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Road cycling, both doing and watching, is easily my number one sport.
Football is second, although only for watching these days unfortunately, as I no longer play.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I guess Cricket and Boxing have been the most exciting for me other than football over the years.
Athletics in the 80s but I don't trust any of them now.
Participation swimming and running. If only cycling wasn't involved in a triathlon probably my least favourite sport.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Distinction between sports, pastimes and exercise is a moot one as far as participation goes.

To my mind, it's only really sport if you are in a competitive environment where the result is recorded more widely. So, I participate in ski-ing, table tennis, cycling, tennis and cricket but it's only the latter I would count as sport.

What do others think?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
I love cricket. Spend most of the summer either at the cricket club, travelling round different parts of Yorkshire taking the nipper to matches or watching it live or on TV.

Participation, the only sport I do is climbing. Used to be really good at it and got back into it after a long break. Then I had a really bad accident while bouldering in France so now I just bumble around at the local bouldering wall or the climbing wall at the gym. Still enjoy it although it's frustrating being rubbish.

I'll watch most sport though. Love the golf majors and the Ryder Cup, F1, athletics etc. Can't be doing with egg chasing though. I have tried but it's just so bloody dull for the most part and at the top level ruined by constant penalties and tight decisions where nobody knows what's actually right or wrong.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Joint favourite sports: Cycling & American Football

Closely followed by: Ice Hockey, Motocross, Cricket, Biathlon...& the Albion

If it wasn't for the Albion, football wouldn't even make the list. Never watch or take any interest in football at all outside the walls of the Amex.

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
To be honest, I can watch any sport. I love loads of stuff.

But if pushed, it would be cycling, rugby, squash (which gets little airtime), cricket, American Football, tennis, basketball - in that order.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You're assuming that football is everyone's favourite sport, which is a pretty big assumption.

For me, it's behind cricket and rugby

Kindred spirits. Come on you Quins- and Sussex.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I love cricket. Spend most of the summer either at the cricket club, travelling round different parts of Yorkshire taking the nipper to matches or watching it live or on TV.

Participation, the only sport I do is climbing. Used to be really good at it and got back into it after a long break. Then I had a really bad accident while bouldering in France so now I just bumble around at the local bouldering wall or the climbing wall at the gym. Still enjoy it although it's frustrating being rubbish.

I'll watch most sport though. Love the golf majors and the Ryder Cup, F1, athletics etc. Can't be doing with egg chasing though. I have tried but it's just so bloody dull for the most part and at the top level ruined by constant penalties and tight decisions where nobody knows what's actually right or wrong.

I hope the nipper can BAT. If so, it's straight down the M1 to the Sussex academy. We are in NEED.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here