Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stephens injury

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I do not think that Kayal is up to Premiere standard but that is just my opinion. His biggest problem is giving away too many free kicks in dangerous areas. I thought that him and March were not good enough against United and didnt do their jobs adequately.

Kayal had an excellent game.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
KING Kayal was absolutely fine at Old Trafford on Saturday. Considering he's not played many recent games, he can be more than content with his contribution. And I'd imagine that he is, and so are his team-mates and his manager. He wasn't allowed to run the game, like we've seen him do in the past, but he literally barely put a foot wrong.

Some very weird views being trotted out on this thread, unjustly trying to back up a previously entrenched opinion of the player.

Some people are just very odd.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
That was last season in a good side alongside Stephens not sure how he would do at Boro, Derby or Forest with their midfielders.

two seasons ago. Kayal was considered better than Stephens then by the majority. But sure, who knows how any good player will do in a different side. He's only played under Hughton for us, who built his team around the Kayal-Stephens axis in midfield, and at Celtic he was also highly thought of but of course that is just the SPL. And he hasn't played many games in the Champions League, only scoring one goal, so hard to know how he would do in the later stages of that competition, of course

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
that was said in relation to his ability NOW in The Premier not his past in The Championship

How many Premier League games have you seen him play BG, or should we say how many minutes?

You maybe right in your opinion, not sure I could form my own though based on such rare appearances we've had from him in the PL. Stephens and Propper have been quality, Kayal not being able to dislodge those two isn't actually a reason to doubt him given how good they've been. Kayal has been Hughton's go to sub in the limited appearances he has made, and that tells you that Hughton at least rates him. I'd prefer to judge him at this level after a bit of a run in the team to be honest.

I suspect you watched Saturday with a preconception before the match began that Kayal isn't good enough for this level, it is then easy to only focus on negatives rather than acknowledge the positives (not that I noted many negatives...).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
60 years of casually observing Spurs.
What are the words for that?

Oh yes:-

Spurs fan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
KING Kayal was absolutely fine at Old Trafford on Saturday. Considering he's not played many recent games, he can be more than content with his contribution. And I'd imagine that he is, and so are his team-mates and his manager. He wasn't allowed to run the game, like we've seen him do in the past, but he literally barely put a foot wrong.

Some very weird views being trotted out on this thread, unjustly trying to back up a previously entrenched opinion of the player.

Some people are just very odd.

However, another previously entrenched opinion that 'the U23s are poor' seems to have been forgotten.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here