Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Stephens injury

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I do not think that Kayal is up to Premiere standard but that is just my opinion. His biggest problem is giving away too many free kicks in dangerous areas. I thought that him and March were not good enough against United and didnt do their jobs adequately.

That is not what I saw.....not at all :shrug:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I do not think that Kayal is up to Premiere standard but that is just my opinion. His biggest problem is giving away too many free kicks in dangerous areas. I thought that him and March were not good enough against United and didnt do their jobs adequately.

Do you think Max Saunders is better than Kayal, then?

And who gave away the free kick that led to the second United goal? (Hint: it WASN'T BK...)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Do you think Max Saunders is better than Kayal, then?

And who gave away the free kick that led to the second United goal? (Hint: it WASN'T BK...)[/QUOTEI

I dont know as I havent seen Sanders play enough but CH has and he added him to the squad. If fit on what I have seen I would sooner play Molumby. Kayal has served us well IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP but IMHO has been poor when playing this season. and as I have said I do not think that he is adequate cover for Stephens.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Me neither, thought Kayal and Gross worked really well together, and Kayal worked his socks off for the team. Would rather Stephens played, but still confident with Kayal coming in.

Spot on... BG not watched the game!?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Would we have to make do with Kayal :facepalm: or would CH take a chance on Max Sanders.
That's mental even for you. Was Kayal awful against Utd?

I dont know as I havent seen Sanders play enough but CH has and he added him to the squad. If fit on what I have seen I would sooner play Molumby. Kayal has served us well IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP but IMHO has been poor when playing this season. and as I have said I do not think that he is adequate cover for Stephens.
So you think Kayal did well in the Championship, but you haven't seen Sanders do well anywhere. What first team games has CH seen Sanders play?

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I remember about 12-18 months ago the experts on here shouting the praise of Rohan Ince andf suggesting him as being the next Yaya Toure and I said he wasnt good enough for The Champion ship and got slaughtered by many. Where is he now struggling to play 90 mins without being subbed for a team bottom of Div 1. I believe that Kayal is a competent championship player. He has to play out of necessity due to injuries to Stephens and Sidwell not out of choice.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Deep joy, the resident Spurs fan has got stuck in Dunk, March and now Kayal, gotta wonder what he's actually doing on this site.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Deep joy, the resident Spurs fan has got stuck in Dunk, March and now Kayal, gotta wonder what he's actually doing on this site.

You still continue talk s..t I am NOT a Spurs fan just a casual observer, but dont let that stop you. Just to put the record straight I highlighted what I considered to be a fault of Dunks not saying he wasnt good enough. I do however agree as I do not think that either March or Kayal are good enough for this league and we need to sign better in the summer.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
BensGrandad;8386418[B said:
]You still continue talk s..t [/B] I am NOT a Spurs fan just a casual observer, but dont let that stop you. Just to put the record straight I highlighted what I considered to be a fault of Dunks not saying he wasnt good enough. I do however agree as I do not think that either March or Kayal are good enough for this league and we need to sign better in the summer.

hmmmm

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
You still continue talk s..t I am NOT a Spurs fan just a casual observer, but dont let that stop you. Just to put the record straight I highlighted what I considered to be a fault of Dunks not saying he wasnt good enough. I do however agree as I do not think that either March or Kayal are good enough for this league and we need to sign better in the summer.

Gramps. I thought you had a tattoo of Cyril Knowles on your inside thigh?

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
I remember about 12-18 months ago the experts on here shouting the praise of Rohan Ince andf suggesting him as being the next Yaya Toure and I said he wasnt good enough for The Champion ship and got slaughtered by many. Where is he now struggling to play 90 mins without being subbed for a team bottom of Div 1. I believe that Kayal is a competent championship player. He has to play out of necessity due to injuries to Stephens and Sidwell not out of choice.

Kayal when match fit and playing is a better than competent championship player. He does a decent job and does not let anybody down in the Premier League from what I have seen. Was he subbed ? No... that is why.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Stop re-writing history. Kayal was a FANTASTIC championship player. Whether or not he is good enough for the premier league is still unknown, but to call him a 'competent' championship player is just daft

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Kayal when match fit and playing is a better than competent championship player. He does a decent job and does not let anybody down in the Premier League from what I have seen. Was he subbed ? No... that is why.

I think that was more due to the option on the bench and untried 18 year old rather than Kayal's performance. I do not think that Ch would want to throw him into the battle at OT.having only just gained experience of being in the 1st team squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here