Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Automobile Question!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Fun fact, if you ever need to know what side of the car it is on, look at the fuel symbol on the dashboard and what side the pump handle it is on.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Fun fact, if you ever need to know what side of the car it is on, look at the fuel symbol on the dashboard and what side the pump handle it is on.

I thought this, but I have been in vehicles where this isn't the case, a Peugeot being the last one I can remember.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
On the subject of fuel tank access for refilling do the manufactures alternate per car on the production line which side the flap go’s?

Don't be ridiculous. It switches side as you approach a petrol station.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I thought this, but I have been in vehicles where this isn't the case, a Peugeot being the last one I can remember.

I don't believe it. Even a Citroen hire car I had was right !

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Stop getting in a flap about it.

I hope I haven't added fuel to this conversation as I am not sure which side I am on.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Get a Mini Cooper S (a proper one, not the BMW shite) or an XJ6 Jag. They had fuel tanks on both sides.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
This is a myth. The pump handle is nearly always on the right if these logos. The fuel filler location varies from car to car and only matches the logo by coincidence. Many cars had an arrow (or sodeways triangle) to show which side the filler cap is on.

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
On more than one occasion, I have looked like a total pillock by trying to stretch the stupidly short hose over, and being a few inches short...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here