• Keep free speech

Votes: 102 92.7%
  • End free speech for some

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't think it does speak volumes. I think it's one situation which is being used to prove a point which is hard to prove.

The (mainly white male) Police force, in this case do not have a pro-muslim agenda. By using that clip as proof that the Police have double standards isn't helpful to any discussion.

I've no strong opinions on this but I do think there's a case for saying that there some police that are anti-Tommy Robinson. The incident in Cambridge proves this and whilst I get that he's done a lot of things to put himself in that position, everyone should be treated equally and fairly under the law. From what I've read, he is being targeted.

The pre-emptive actions against him in the name of a greater good is all part of this huge debate about free speech and I don't have any answers but I'm certain that silencing people we don't agree with is not the way forward.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I've no strong opinions on this but I do think there's a case for saying that there some police that are anti-Tommy Robinson. The incident in Cambridge proves this and whilst I get that he's done a lot of things to put himself in that position, everyone should be treated equally and fairly under the law. From what I've read, he is being targeted.

The pre-emptive actions against him in the name of a greater good is all part of this huge debate about free speech and I don't have any answers but I'm certain that silencing people we don't agree with is not the way forward.

did you go to.utd i the end ? jamie went with his mate on the coach , got home 03.45 , sod that :lolol:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
one example ? one example ? ye gods have you been on mars for the last few years and missed the part where grooming gangs were routinely ignored by both the police and local authorities for fear of accusations of racism ? it beggars belief :facepalm:

I haven't missed that, no. But I don't agree that this video of the Met doing some crowed control in London has any connection whatsoever to Telford and Rochdale. Tommy Robinson looking to join up those dots pisses me off and helps nobody.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
doesn't really make sense. This Tommy chap hits a lot of other people and when he gets pulled up for it his defence is "But they rape people in Telford". No wonder nobody in their right mind seems to take him seriously. Just a street brawler isn't he?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
In general, yep, I agree. One caveat: a great orator can persuade joe public of the merits of his/her ideas, irrespective of the validity of the content. It’s important to always evaluate the content of what is being promoted, and not just get carried away by the emotional impact of great oratory.

Some bloke called Hitler did that quite well......

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
People "preaching" racial hatred and violence from a right-wing political point of view should be banned from doing so just as much as Muslim preachers who they condemn for preaching the same sort of stuff from the other side.

The OP might not have noticed that we already have right-wing organisations that are banned in this country...... and probably left-wing organisations too, but I am not an expert on the matter.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
doesn't really make sense. This Tommy chap hits a lot of other people and when he gets pulled up for it his defence is "But they rape people in Telford". No wonder nobody in their right mind seems to take him seriously. Just a street brawler isn't he?

oh save the faux innocence about "this tommy chap" you fool nobody , if you can post videos of him initiating punch ups rather than just defending himself id be interested to see them

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
People "preaching" racial hatred and violence from a right-wing political point of view should be banned from doing so just as much as Muslim preachers who they condemn for preaching the same sort of stuff from the other side.

The OP might not have noticed that we already have right-wing organisations that are banned in this country...... and probably left-wing organisations too, but I am not an expert on the matter.

can you show me some evidence of tommy robinson preaching racial hatred and violence ?

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I believe that religious hatred has elements of racial hatred in the UK where the vast, vast majority of muslims are not white.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I believe that religious hatred has elements of racial hatred in the UK where the vast, vast majority of muslims are not white.

id like to see.you show him preaching out and out religious hatred but you class tellinv the truth as religjous hatred.

Jan 30, 2008
The tide is turning now where millions are joining the movement to end free speech for everyone.
The violence at free speech marches are enough to show it only attracts Fascists and Nazis.
Yesterdays free speech rally that descended into violence at speakers corner is a perfect example of why it needs to end to stop to end the violence

Free speech for everyone is overrated and outdated, it is a tool for the privileged elite to subjugate the masses.
End it now so people can be educated to the truth and be free of the Daily Mail hate lies

STOP TELLING PORKIES
regards
DR

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

Just out of interest, I have managed to find on the Home Office website a list of proscribed terrorist organisation, which is mostly about ISIL, Jihad etc, with a Basque country thing in there somewhere as well, and a few Irish organisations right at the end.
https://www.scribd.com/document/318729850/Proscribed-Terrorist-Organisations-UK-Home-Office-2016

But I can't find a list of banned political parties - "political" just brings it back to the Terrorist list.
Any ideas? and I am not trying to make any sort of point on this - just asking and curious.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
can you show me some evidence of tommy robinson preaching racial hatred and violence ?

It was a general point in line with the subject of the poll rather than anything specifically about Tommy Robinson, about whom I don't know enough to comment.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Just out of interest, I have managed to find on the Home Office website a list of proscribed terrorist organisation, which is mostly about ISIL, Jihad etc, with a Basque country thing in there somewhere as well, and a few Irish organisations right at the end.
https://www.scribd.com/document/318729850/Proscribed-Terrorist-Organisations-UK-Home-Office-2016

But I can't find a list of banned political parties - "political" just brings it back to the Terrorist list.
Any ideas? and I am not trying to make any sort of point on this - just asking and curious.

shouldnt you be more concerned about shit like this ? https://twitter.com/imanitasharma/status/974585242752290816?s=12

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
oh save the faux innocence about "this tommy chap" you fool nobody , if you can post videos of him initiating punch ups rather than just defending himself id be interested to see them

I offer no comment on how these things come about, I don't know. But anytime I see any footage of this Tommy chap, he's punching people.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here