free speech yes or no

• Keep free speech

Votes: 102 92.7%
  • End free speech for some

Votes: 8 7.3%

• Total voters

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Not the individual I had in mind when I made the comment, but certainly a great orator, so definitely important to evaluate the content of his speeches too.

Definitely the first person who came to mind for me when I read you post, it was him or Blair.

To be honest though, warnings about great orators are a bit of a cheat. Lost an argument? It wasn't that my ideas weren't as good as his, he was just such a great orator that his ideas seemed better. I'm not sure I can agree entirely. I do agree that you need to be weary of great orators, and of emotional impact, but only in so far as you don't let yourself be distracted from the substance of what they are saying.

Whether a person has good delivery or not, good ideas, and bad ideas, stand or fall on their own merits. Brexit won the day, the "greatest orator" for that was Nigel Farage, and I'm pretty sure his arguments didn't win out because people were bowled over by his oratory skill or emotional impact. A good or bad idea expressed clearly can overcome the shortcomings, or skill, of the person speaking, what you really want to watch out for is an idea expressed with vagueness and abstraction.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You love a bit of violence by proxy dont you , you tried to put it on me with your pal on here who seems to have disappeared , that didnt work out too well did it , heres a tip knocky , you know nothing about 'violence' , either giving or taking it , that shines through in your childish 'id like to see'' style posts , you havent got a clue who ''my lot'' are or what they are or arent capable of.

I can hazard a guess what your lot are.

I'd like to point out that I do not have a pal on here that 'I have tried to put on you'. Do you mean when you kindly asked to meet up with me and I asked if I could phone a friend?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The thing is, I saw his most recent facebook post. There's a video of some dickhead whacking people with a stick on one side, on the other some very nice looking chap in a Stone Island jacket (the one with those goggles for obscuring your face), the Police in the middle (without riot gear) being pushed and shoved all over the place. And actually, one guy trying to hold back the dick head with a stick.

Tommy's post could have said something along the lines of "This is exactly what I didn't want blah blah blah", but he going after the Police for doing nothing as if they have some sort of pro-muslim agenda where they only apply the law of the land to the hard working white folk.

I'm sure Tommy R will have to eat his words when the Police arrest and charge the muslim bloke for assaulting people with an offensive weapon.

I presume he's in custody? ???

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
The tide is turning now where millions are joining the movement to end free speech for everyone.
The violence at free speech marches are enough to show it only attracts Fascists and Nazis.
Yesterdays free speech rally that descended into violence at speakers corner is a perfect example of why it needs to end to stop to end the violence

Free speech for everyone is overrated and outdated, it is a tool for the privileged elite to subjugate the masses.
End it now so people can be educated to the truth and be free of the Daily Mail hate lies

You have a strange view on free speech. All religion should be debated how ever offensive "liberals" find it, It's never been so important to have a proper debate on Islam and it's beliefs. We don't actually have free speech here in UK.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I'd like to see your lot try and take on the Sikhs. The Hindus kicked your arses out of Southall in the 80's too.

No one has been popping at Sikhs because they are very supportive of British culture and take an active part in it.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I can hazard a guess what your lot are.

I'd like to point out that I do not have a pal on here that 'I have tried to put on you'. Do you mean when you kindly asked to meet up with me and I asked if I could phone a friend?
No , your pal on here who you 'warned' me not to antagonise because he had spent time in California confronting neo nazi skinheads , unless he is non existent and simply a 23nd account of yours , which seems likely since he has disappeared.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Anti-Gay, Misogynists, Antisemitic. Yet when people show concern about the Worldwide spread of radical Islam they are called Far-Right. I think many people are confused about who the real Nazi's are. Thank God for Tommy Robinson.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Little do they know that they have booked their places in the firing line come the Revolution. That will stop their speech.

:lolol: Ok Che

The liberal left ARE the establishment. If there is going to be a revolution its certainly not going to be coming from the left.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I'm sure Tommy R will have to eat his words when the Police arrest and charge the muslim bloke for assaulting people with an offensive weapon.

I presume he's in custody? ???

I hope he is. If they don't arrest him I would say it's awful policing. I wouldn't jump to the same conclusions that Tommy has.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Quite a big news story this on social media this morning but not a dicky bird on the MSM.

Seems one of the Ant & Decs drink driving is of much more national interest. :ffsparr:

LVGull

May 13, 2016
Quite a big news story this on social media this morning but not a dicky bird on the MSM.

Seems one of the Ant & Decs drink driving is of much more national interest. :ffsparr:

Didn’t Ant hit and injure a muslim though?

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Do we really need another Tommy Robinson thread just so the resident gammon can have another great big circle-jerk of outrage?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I hope he is. If they don't arrest him I would say it's awful policing. I wouldn't jump to the same conclusions that Tommy has.
Thjey could , and should have arrested him yesterday , they didnt, it speaks volumes.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
So, you didnt then :lol:

Credit it to you for your post about the 'allah is a paedo' nonsense that these groups you talk about come out with...who are not a small percentage of the crowd following Robinson, as im sure you know, and that is generally, not this publicity nonsense at speakers corner
Shows me the intellectual level of them tbh and its not that high.

I think they call Mohammed a paedophile, not Allah. He did 'Marry' a six year old. He was a a murderer and a rapist and called for the killing of all non-Muslims. This is the man they use for a moral compass.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Do we really need another Tommy Robinson thread just so the resident gammon can have another great big circle-jerk of outrage?
yes we do, where do you live as a matter of interest ? i take it you live in an area with a large muslim poulation and youre happy with that ?

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I think they call Mohammed a paedophile, not Allah. He did 'Marry' a six year old. He was a a murderer and a rapist and called for the killing of all non-Muslims. This is the man they use for a moral compass.
they do , ive since been corrected , yesterday they were calling ali dawah a paedo.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic

No, thats why they are not so bright. They chant Allah is a paedo.
They also chant 'who the **** is Allah'. Clearly they are not bible readers haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGOdvwsIvqY

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Thjey could , and should have arrested him yesterday , they didnt, it speaks volumes.

I don't think it does speak volumes. I think it's one situation which is being used to prove a point which is hard to prove.

The (mainly white male) Police force, in this case do not have a pro-muslim agenda. By using that clip as proof that the Police have double standards isn't helpful to any discussion.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
No , your pal on here who you 'warned' me not to antagonise because he had spent time in California confronting neo nazi skinheads , unless he is non existent and simply a 23nd account of yours , which seems likely since he has disappeared.

Oh him. Brother's friend. Last saw him at the Man City game. You haven't bumped him off, have you?

I certainly wouldn't bother with a second account it's easy enough to bait the Far right with one account, duplicate accounts are for losers like @Bushy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here