Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Our season on one screen grab

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Feels like our season will be decided in the next three games. No surprise, but very clear when you look at the fixture list.
Screenshot_20180318-205615.png

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just 1 more win needed.

Would hope we get it vs Leicester or Huddersfield, and then we can kick off at Selhurst being safe and really go for it with no nerves.

Geoffbn2

Feb 2, 2014
Win against Leicester or Hudds and draw from any would mean safety, a lot of the bottom 6 play each other in their run in's so they can all take points off each other

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Man Utd & Man City (PL won). Relaxed, no nerves, safety guaranteed we'll win both of these as well.
Liverpool away we'll have one foot on the plane.

Tho it might be natural for the players to be already on the beach as soon as PL survival is assured, hopefully the club will keep them up to their task right til the end of the season. Going on the piss with three games to go cost them Championship Winners medals last season. Every PL place gained is an additional million quid in the club coffers. Hopefully the players' end of season bonus pot is linked to finishing position.

Anyone got that table showing the prize money for PL finishing positions that was posted on here earlier in the season?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Draw against Leicester, makes Huddersfield a must win. And I really feel its a banana-skin, Hudds terrrible result on Saturday means they are right back in it and will be desperate. I have a feeling they will do a smash and grab on us, and leave us suddenly looking very scared at the table. Palace away, draw at best, gets us to 36 and still in trouble going to the last two. Man U at home is where we'll get the points to stay up, but no-one will have any fingernails left

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Draw against Leicester, makes Huddersfield a must win. And I really feel its a banana-skin, Hudds terrrible result on Saturday means they are right back in it and will be desperate. I have a feeling they will do a smash and grab on us, and leave us suddenly looking very scared at the table. Palace away, draw at best, gets us to 36 and still in trouble going to the last two. Man U at home is where we'll get the points to stay up, but no-one will have any fingernails left
I'm not sure any of West Brom, Stoke or Southampton will even get the 34 points we already have.

However, to calm the nerves we need another win asap.

Seagull85

Apr 21, 2009
Tho it might be natural for the players to be already on the beach as soon as PL survival is assured, hopefully the club will keep them up to their task right til the end of the season. Going on the piss with three games to go cost them Championship Winners medals last season. Every PL place gained is an additional million quid in the club coffers. Hopefully the players' end of season bonus pot is linked to finishing position.

Anyone got that table showing the prize money for PL finishing positions that was posted on here earlier in the season?

Untitled.jpg

Sauce - http://www.totalsportek.com/money/premier-league-prize-money/

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
/\ wow. £1.9million per place.

Given the ludicrously tight point spread between positions, 10 and 17, one win on the final day could be worth up to £8million (ignoring the whole 'relegation' thing).

As for the suggestion that the next three games ARE 'Our season'... that can't be right - I'm quite certain that we previously all agreed that the four game spell of Southampton - West Ham - Stoke - Swansea was 'our season'.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto

Given the ludicrously tight point spread between positions, 10 and 17, one win on the final day could be worth up to £8million (ignoring the whole 'relegation' thing).

As for the suggestion that the next three games ARE 'Our season'... that can't be right - I'm quite certain that we previously all agreed that the four game spell of Southampton - West Ham - Stoke - Swansea was 'our season'.

Haven't you heard? It's now next season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

The trouble is we dropped 4 points in those games, meaning 'the season' had to be extended.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here