Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Warnock tells it like it is

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Never used to like him, but I've had to change my opinion over the last couple of years, especially since he went to Cardiff; doing an outstanding job there, plus he just makes me laugh these days with his interviews.

It's worth seeing him on SSN talking about their game being called off at Derby. I loved the bit where he says, "There's no-one here, they're too embarrassed"
Also, "You can't blame them, you wouldn't want to play us at the moment would you?"

Fair play Neil :lol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Never used to like him, but I've had to change my opinion over the last couple of years, especially since he went to Cardiff; doing an outstanding job there, plus he just makes me laugh these days with his interviews.

It's worth seeing him on SSN talking about their game being called off at Derby. I loved the bit where he says, "There's no-one here, they're too embarrassed"
Also, "You can't blame them, you wouldn't want to play us at the moment would you?"

He may have his faults, but loyalty is something he has.
He took Junior Hoilett to Cardiff, when nobody else was interested at the time, and is playing quite well now.
They were together, previously at QPR.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I never liked him in the 90s remembering 1991 when he was at Notts County but since then have always said Ia would haven't been against him becoming our manager at some point but obviously too old now.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He's had a pretty decent career and without disrespecting him he knows his level. He's constantly been managing since 1980. That's absolutely crazy and testament to his staying power.

Jan 30, 2008

it's what a lot of people on here said about me Smudge :bigwave:
regards
DR

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Annoying bugger, but a good manager.

True character of the game for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Cardiff won away at Derby last season on a Tue / Wed night - Cardiff players I think all thought they were due to train at St Georges Park on afternoon of the game

Warnock took them to a local park at Little Eaton (knew where it was from managing Burton Albion years ago) for the afternoon - and I think a bit of a rant about how overpaid they all were / wrapped in cotton wool / was all they deserved etc

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Apparently Derby had a horrendous injury list and Cardiff were in good form and Rowett had admitted in an previous interview he hoped the weather would prevent the game from being played. The pitch and stadium were fine as were all the surrounding roads, just the areas around the stadium which Derby claimed were unsafe for spectators. Doesn’t reflect well on Derby - you have to say!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
He's done an incredible job at Cardiff, who were relegation candidates when he took over, and have spent relatively little since, in comparison to Wolves (obviously) but also Villa, Fulham, Derby and the other contenders.

Put in perspective: he's got a side with Sol Bamba at the back, Greg Halford in midfield, a goalkeeper picked up on a free from Walsall, and Gary Madine helping out up front, into serious contention for automatic promotion to the Premier League. That's not simply brilliant management: it's WITCHCRAFT.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
He's done an incredible job at Cardiff, who were relegation candidates when he took over, and have spent relatively little since, in comparison to Wolves (obviously) but also Villa, Fulham, Derby and the other contenders.

Put in perspective: he's got a side with Sol Bamba at the back, Greg Halford in midfield, a goalkeeper picked up on a free from Walsall, and Gary Madine helping out up front, into serious contention for automatic promotion to the Premier League. That's not simply brilliant management: it's WITCHCRAFT.

If they went up they’d have to spend serious bucks to stay there.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

How did I not know Nooney left them to join Buckley at Bolton.
Even more surprising WB has played 13 (one three) times this season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here