Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Neil Warnock tells it like it is

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I caught the interview earlier, no snow on the pitch, and as Warnock said their coach had driven along country roads without any issues, only some snow just outside the ground. No doubt if Derby had wanted the game to go ahead they would have put down rock salt the night before given the forecast, or asked for volunteers to clear.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
If they went up they’d have to spend serious bucks to stay there.

Another reason to hope they come up. If we can just secure our own place in the PL for next season, you'd have to think Cardiff would nailed on to occupy one of the relegation spots from the off, despite Warnock's wizardry. Villa, Fulham, Derby etc would probably throw more money at trying to survive (I'm not even thinking about Wolves as they've already stated they will be using their dodgy contacts and Chinese billions to aim, ultimately, for the top six and/or European football.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Double shit on Cardiff fans when you know that quite a few had train tickets for the Saturday. No doubt some may have rearranged and lost out twice. This weekend has been absolutely disgraceful to away fans, ours getting back at 5am or having to stay over, Watford having a terrible journey back from an Anfield thrashing and then Derby running up the white flag on an already re-arranged game :nono:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was on a pub quiz team with him once. Boy, is he competitive. Luckily we won or I have a feeling we'd have been doing laps of the QPR training ground the next morning. His wife seems ridiculously pleasant and sweet-natured. Mind you, she'd have to be ...

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Double shit on Cardiff fans when you know that quite a few had train tickets for the Saturday.

I guess they can draw some comfort from the fact that Villa ballsed up at Bolton and Fulham threw away a two goal lead at home to QPR, so it's not been a completely bad weekend for them.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Another reason to hope they come up. If we can just secure our own place in the PL for next season, you'd have to think Cardiff would nailed on to occupy one of the relegation spots from the off, despite Warnock's wizardry. Villa, Fulham, Derby etc would probably throw more money at trying to survive (I'm not even thinking about Wolves as they've already stated they will be using their dodgy contacts and Chinese billions to aim, ultimately, for the top six and/or European football.

I think Wolves will stay up next season but won't be top half like most of their fans think. Similar to Watford and the Pozzos.
Watford fans think they should be top half....they threaten but always fade and sack their managers.

Villa & Fulham may have a bit of cash but I don't think Derby's owner is particularly wealthy by PL standards. Plus...the average age of Derby is very high - they'd struggle big time with Curtis Davies/Tom Huddlestone - both already in decline while at Hull.

Last edited:

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
The most amazing job Warnock did was at Rotherham two years ago - they looked doomed to championship relegation but Warnock arrived late in the season and they took something like an average of 2 points a game over a period of 15 games.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
He's done an incredible job at Cardiff, who were relegation candidates when he took over, and have spent relatively little since, in comparison to Wolves (obviously) but also Villa, Fulham, Derby and the other contenders.

Put in perspective: he's got a side with Sol Bamba at the back, Greg Halford in midfield, a goalkeeper picked up on a free from Walsall, and Gary Madine helping out up front, into serious contention for automatic promotion to the Premier League. That's not simply brilliant management: it's WITCHCRAFT.

Neil Warlock?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would love to see Warnock back in the Prem. Likeable rogue (equal emphasis) and a good manager.
Sadly if they do go up he will be sacked and replaced with some trendy foreign ccoach.
Then it'll be back to his tractor in Devon(?) until someone else needs a saviour.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I would love to see Warnock back in the Prem. Likeable rogue (equal emphasis) and a good manager.
Sadly if they do go up he will be sacked and replaced with some trendy foreign ccoach.
Then it'll be back to his tractor in Devon(?) until someone else needs a saviour.

Just looking at your "August 1959 - August 2017
58 years following the Albion"

Why did you stop following the Albion last year, then???? Eh? EH? :shrug::shit::wink::lolol:

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Surely Derby aren't bottling their automatic promotion chances. That would be very unlike them.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just looking at your "August 1959 - August 2017
58 years following the Albion"

Why did you stop following the Albion last year, then???? Eh? EH? :shrug::shit::wink::lolol:

Well I was waiting for August and the start of the new season but just for you.......

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
Hopefully they will swap with Swansea to keep a welsh club in the Premier. It also means with WBA gone and probably Stoke also we will be safe.

It';s the English Premier league not the UK Premier League, kick them all out of the ENGLISH football league FFS.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here