Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Most underated band ever?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes. Even the superlatives are never enough.

OK I follow, now.

The first music I heard that excited me was Telstar by the Tornados. I was three. It is still an amazing track. So, I saw the Beatles emerge as a thing. As a 4 year old, I remember the TV programme saying 'coming up later the Beatles'. I was so excited. Then, guess what, it was string puppet Beatles singing in pinky and perky voices. I felt so let down. But still, there were the songs. Love you yeah yeah yeah. As I got older I slowly forgot them. Late 60s brough in real cutting edge rock music. There was other pop music. Somehow the Beatles, who never toured any more, seemed a bit old fashioned. The long hair and moustaches all looked manufactured. And I still remembered them in the suits. When I was five, I had bedroom wallpaper with them in their suits. I was expected to like them.....

Many years later I met my best buddy who, in the 60s, saw the Beatles more than 20 times at the Cavern, with Cilla taking the hats and coats. He saw their last ever gig there....

So I bought some stuff and put it on the iPOD. I gave it a fair hearing. But....a few months later I took it all off my iPOD. They and the Arctic Monkeys are the only two bands I have ever taken off my iPOD. I have more than 16,000 tracks on the iPOD......

So for me the Beatles are easily the most overrated band in the history of music. Them and britain's biggest selling solo artist (Cliff Richard) can do one as far as I am concerned. Sorry!

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
Yardbirds

Secret Affair

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Mud, or The Rubettes...... or Sailor. No, Pilot, "January, sick & tired you've been hanging on me...." Classic tune.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Poco, lived in the shadow of the Eagles and had two band members poached by them. Poco were a better band imo, if not as slick

Wishbone Ash, really under rated band

The Zombies, cutting edge music back in the day, probably too far ahead of their time

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Poco, lived in the shadow of the Eagles and had two band members poached by them. Poco were a better band imo, if not as slick

Wishbone Ash, really under rated band

The Zombies, cutting edge music back in the day, probably too far ahead of their time

yes , i think they are still ahead , by about 507 years :lolol:

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Must admit to knowing next to nothing about music from late 90s until now. however my most under rated group are from the 60s called Love. Their Forever Changes album was years ahead of its time

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
The Beatles.

Impossible to convey how, in every possible way, how incredible they actually were and the impact they had. .

100% agree. I've very diverse musical tastes and the Beatles were a bit before my musical time, but I recognise their innovative genius and sheer talent. I've been playing the Blue Album in my car; so many goose bumps tracks, their beautiful vocals and widely different arrangements.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
OK I follow, now.

The first music I heard that excited me was Telstar by the Tornados. I was three. It is still an amazing track. So, I saw the Beatles emerge as a thing. As a 4 year old, I remember the TV programme saying 'coming up later the Beatles'. I was so excited. Then, guess what, it was string puppet Beatles singing in pinky and perky voices. I felt so let down. But still, there were the songs. Love you yeah yeah yeah. As I got older I slowly forgot them. Late 60s brough in real cutting edge rock music. There was other pop music. Somehow the Beatles, who never toured any more, seemed a bit old fashioned. The long hair and moustaches all looked manufactured. And I still remembered them in the suits. When I was five, I had bedroom wallpaper with them in their suits. I was expected to like them.....

Many years later I met my best buddy who, in the 60s, saw the Beatles more than 20 times at the Cavern, with Cilla taking the hats and coats. He saw their last ever gig there....

So I bought some stuff and put it on the iPOD. I gave it a fair hearing. But....a few months later I took it all off my iPOD. They and the Arctic Monkeys are the only two bands I have ever taken off my iPOD. I have more than 16,000 tracks on the iPOD......

So for me the Beatles are easily the most overrated band in the history of music. Them and britain's biggest selling solo artist (Cliff Richard) can do one as far as I am concerned. Sorry!

You, HWT, are a bona fide weirdo.

anyway, as for underrated, The Photos
[yt]3Yv-mG6cRbY[/yt]

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A-Ha

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
OK I follow, now.

What do you expect when listening on the iPod. I assume that the Beatles stuff you uploaded was not mixed for the iPod. At the time there was a backlash that after finally consenting to release digatlly that the volume was too low and everything sounded inferior to vinyl.

But accept that not everyone is a Beatles fan.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
OK I follow, now.

Trouble is, I think you saw The Beakles when you were 4 years old. Understandably, you were scarred for life.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here