Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Most underated band ever?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Reason for choosing Pale Saints ...... Ride, Slowdive and Lush and MBV have all been subject to massively successful returns
And apart from MBV they were not as good
And never will be

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8rv9AxbQgE&list=PLJ9opw6KJbENgiCCxc0oIL7IJRVD6wIbA

Tony Wilson's favourite Band on the Factory Roster, probably wouldn't have got a record deal with anyone else due to Vini Reilly's somewhat eccentric approach to making music.

Sadly unlikely to play again, has had a stroke & looks like death warmed up, a lifetime of drug use has caught up with him. :(

Whilst I am of course very sorry to hear this ... When he played at the Komedia a few years ago the first 1/2hour or so of new material written with his new girlfriend was ****ing terrible so much so that I can't be arsed to punctuate this sentence or indeed paragraph fortunately a drummer turned up at it was all OK into he final alanysis.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Mekons are not underated at Pevenseagull towers, they are fully appreciated
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9q_yT4Rykq4

Excellent to hear :clap2:

Little known Mekon fact: NSC's very own HB&B was the model posing for the debut album cover...

220px-The_Quality_of_Mercy_Is_Not_Strnen.jpeg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
The Retreat From Memphis record has a side that is supposed to be played at 45 ..... I didn't know this .... I spent a decade or more thinking they'd done shit loads of heroin and tried to sound like my bloody valentine.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
If by underrated you mean criminally overlooked then Mclusky/Future Of The Left are one such band.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here