Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Most underated band ever?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
To people like you with great taste, but you might be surprised by the mass of folk who think they're a just shite 80's band who in their minds churned out naff singles.
Fair point. I do know people who have always thought of them as boring and miserable. I suppose I listen to too much 6 music where everyone appreciates the good stuff....

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Warrior Soul - last decade dead century is one of the greatest rock albums that no has ever heard of. They should have become stadium fillers
Last Crack - found this lot by accident - cheap cd (burning time) in an our price closing down

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
27 million record sales by 2004 would suggest that quite a few people rate them.

The following all racked up huge sales and have been put forward in this thread:

Duran Duran
The Yardbirds
Janet Jackson
Suede
Bros
Uriah Heap
A-Ha
Marillion
The Beatles

Post #84 pointed out that this thread's about successful bands, who's music has been underrated in the main.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
I vaguely recall seeing them (Budgie) at a gig upstairs at a venue (whose name I cannot recall) which was where Boots is now, on the corner of Queens /Western Rd. Was it the Regent cinema with a dance hall above?
They made so much noise people in the flicks below complained.
Anyways. in the spirit of the the thread I give you ....The Strawbs. Saw them at the Dome. They once had Rick Wakeman in their line up! "Bursting at the Seams" was a brilliant album. Lay Down was the commercial success but "Down by the Sea" and "The River" were just as good.

https://youtu.be/KB-X_hIqKd0

The Big Apple. Saw Deep Purple saw in the 70s, check out the set lists here :- https://www.setlist.fm/venue/big-apple-brighton-england-4bd4abb6.html

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle