Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crosses

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Our strength is supposed to be our central defence yet time and time again concede goals from crosses or set plays. Has anybody got the stats comparing us to others

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
To simplify the stats:
BHAFC = Shit
Everyone else = Better than us.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm surprised nobody else has mentioned this.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Only 6 teams have conceded fewer goals than us.

It's not so much we're conceding loads from wide, but we're just rock solid down the middle, so teams are forced to play wide.

Take last night, I can remember them getting through once in the first half (that ended up as a corner that wasn't a bloody corner), but that was it. We're really hard to break down through the middle.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Did anyone mention the stat where Gross has the most assists (majority crosses) of any player outside the top 6 this season?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Only 6 teams have conceded fewer goals than us.

It's not so much we're conceding loads from wide, but we're just rock solid down the middle, so teams are forced to play wide.

Take last night, I can remember them getting through once in the first half (that ended up as a corner that wasn't a bloody corner), but that was it. We're really hard to break down through the middle.

All well and good, but we concede far too many goals from set pieces compared to other teams, as evidenced by the stats across the season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Our strength is supposed to be our central defence yet time and time again concede goals from crosses or set plays.

Truth is there's very little a defence can do against a wickedly inward-curling cross or free kick into the box. It's too fast for defenders to read accurately while trying to mark their man, and the keeper is in two minds whether to come for it or not. If it's delivered right, the impetus is usually with the incoming forwards. Murray is a master at this.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If I recall correctly I believe the stats show that from open play we are one of the best teams in the division defending crosses. However from set pieces we're quite comfortably one of if not the worst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here