Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City rearranged date

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I think you may have the wrong end of my stick. I was making generalisations, and doing so withot implying that all considerations apply to all fixture changes :thumbsup:

No one disputes fixtures cannot be rescheduled on potential cup game dates for one of the teams playing so no need to state those points.

Its specifically that there is no valid reason why they couldn't be played at the earliest opportunity that I, and others, are perplexed by and for me, its showing a lack of respect to the competition to delay the fixture for possibly over 7 weeks merely on a TV whim.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It might remain silly until after the 2nd leg of the Champions League tie on April 10th.

It will get announced after the Man City v Man United match. They are probably waiting to see if they win the League that day. If they don't then the likelihood is they will have won it before they play Swansea, so they will throw it in before they play Swansea because our match is a televised match with them and that would then be their first home game to unveil the PL Trophy to their home fans

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
It will get announced after the Man City v Man United match. They are probably waiting to see if they win the League that day. If they don't then the likelihood is they will have won it before they play Swansea, so they will throw it in before they play Swansea because our match is a televised match with them and that would then be their first home game to unveil the PL Trophy to their home fans

Just because they picked our game against city for tv the first time round, they are not obliged to pick it again for the rescheduled game. Sky had picked another game to be shown on that Sunday as well that was also postponed. However, Sky will be desperate to show the match live where Man City win the league.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Well your hypothesis is wrong over your second and third points concerning our rearranged games with City/Spurs!

City could have been played 17/18 April and Spurs 24/25 April. But no, purely for TV reasons we arent playing both sides at the earliest opportunity after the original fixtures were scheduled.

Why not go the whole hog and get rid of all the big v little club games in first half of season in future, in order to max out the big game TV schedule for second half of season (particularly if City keep running away with league). They will then get top and bottom end dogfights every week from January onwards.

Meanwhile, lil old Brighton are waiting to find out when they are to be sacrificial lambs to the Champions.

That sounds a bit Scottish to me.
For that reason alone I'm out.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
can we just call it a draw ? I dont suppose they'll need the points and its save them the embarrassment of us ruining their home record .
It has to be on the 8th/ 9th or 10th of May surely

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
can we just call it a draw ? I dont suppose they'll need the points and its save them the embarrassment of us ruining their home record .
It has to be on the 8th/ 9th or 10th of May surely
Could be earlier if Liverpool win the Champions League meet up.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Is this game on Sky?
I thought it was but it doesn't seem to be listed. Heart v Hibs BT Sport and Juventus v AC Milan Skysports - seems a bit strange not to have a Premier League game

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Is this game on Sky?
I thought it was but it doesn't seem to be listed. Heart v Hibs BT Sport and Juventus v AC Milan Skysports - seems a bit strange not to have a Premier League game

There will be one Premier League game on sky that evening.
To be decided after the previous weekends fixtures.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here