Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City rearranged date

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Man Utd, Man City (likely), Liverpool - have we ever had such a hard 9/10 days of league football?!

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I guess Sky keeping their options open. They will want to show Man City lifting the trophy in their last home game. They can now ensure they have that if they schedule our game in the last week of the season and saves them from having to show Man City vs Huddersfield. Of course they could end up showing both.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Is that likely to be moved? Are you just talking about Sky moving it?
Yes, possibly and I do mean that it is Sky who could still decide to move it for TV.

If they move it to bank holiday Monday ( 7th ), then that'll mean the Man City game won't be on the 8th.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
It says on the Manchester City website that the date of City v Brighton fixture will be decided at the same time the televised fixtures for the 37th round of fixtures are determined.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
It says on the Manchester City website that the date of City v Brighton fixture will be decided at the same time the televised fixtures for the 37th round of fixtures are determined.

Which I think are not due to be announced until at least 6th April.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

I get illiterate and talentless but K? :lolol:

As a little aside, my Chrome got sniffy at talentless so I googled it to see if it needed a hyphen. Here is the Google example of talentless.

"the ponderous ravings of a talentless hack"

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Looks like we are now waiting for Sky to sort out it's May 5th-7th bank holiday weekend schedule before the date for the Man City game can be finalised.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
All this fixtures thing, and the OUTRAGE about it.....I have a hypothesis.

This season a lot of the teams we are playing are quite a bit more popular than the teams we played last season, and it may be the case that there is a desire by television companies, Sky for example, to show their games.

Some of these teams, unlike the teams we played last year, are still in the FA cup.

Some of these teams, unlike any of the teams we played last year, except maybe a Welsh one (no, I am being silly now) could still be involved with European competition.

My theory is that these factors combined may lead to a certain amount of late fixture rearrangement.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
All this fixtures thing, and the OUTRAGE about it.....I have a hypothesis.

This season a lot of the teams we are playing are quite a bit more popular than the teams we played last season, and it may be the case that there is a desire by television companies, Sky for example, to show their games.

Some of these teams, unlike the teams we played last year, are still in the FA cup.

Some of these teams, unlike any of the teams we played last year, except maybe a Welsh one (no, I am being silly now) could still be involved with European competition.

My theory is that these factors combined may lead to a certain amount of late fixture rearrangement.

Well your hypothesis is wrong over your second and third points concerning our rearranged games with City/Spurs!

City could have been played 17/18 April and Spurs 24/25 April. But no, purely for TV reasons we arent playing both sides at the earliest opportunity after the original fixtures were scheduled.

Why not go the whole hog and get rid of all the big v little club games in first half of season in future, in order to max out the big game TV schedule for second half of season (particularly if City keep running away with league). They will then get top and bottom end dogfights every week from January onwards.

Meanwhile, lil old Brighton are waiting to find out when they are to be sacrificial lambs to the Champions.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Meanwhile, lil old Brighton are waiting to find out when they are to be sacrificial lambs to the Champions.

It may well not pan out like it, but I'd personally consider that our game being delayed until after City have already sealed the title, is significantly preferable to playing them in a game they need to win to confirm it.

Pep has form at Bayern, for playing the kids once the title is in the bag, for one.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patreon
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It may well not pan out like it, but I'd personally consider that our game being delayed until after City have already sealed the title, is significantly preferable to playing them in a game they need to win to confirm it.

Pep has form at Bayern, for playing the kids once the title is in the bag, for one.

This is my hope, but if they're on, say, 96 points, then the chance of making it to 100 would perhaps be an incentive to go for it right to the end.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Man City last 4 games ( not including us ) :

Man City v Swansea
West Ham v Man City
Man City v Huddersfield
Southampton v Man City

I hope he doesn't play too much youth in those.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well your hypothesis is wrong over your second and third points concerning our rearranged games with City/Spurs!.

I think you may have the wrong end of my stick. I was making generalisations, and doing so withot implying that all considerations apply to all fixture changes :thumbsup:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I get illiterate and talentless but K? :lolol:

As a little aside, my Chrome got sniffy at talentless so I googled it to see if it needed a hyphen. Here is the Google example of talentless.

"the ponderous ravings of a talentless hack"

I think the “k” is for k***. Don’t forget - spelling is an issue...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here