Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which is your least favourite football stadium?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Another shout for Yeovil. You arrive at a station in the middle of nowhere, where you have to (somehow) get to a stadium by a dreary industrial estate on the far side of a equally dreary town.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Southampton/Derby/Leicester/Stoke - identikit stadia built in the same era on a cheap per seat basis, and it shows. No side has an identity.

(Yes, I know Stoke left gaps in the corners, which they’re now filling in).

I guess you have never been to Stoke, Nothing like the two you mentioned above and to add to that easily the loudest noise I have ever heard created by Home fans.

So for that alone even if it was similar to the the three others you mentioned, it would still stand out as a stadium thats done it right with the noise they can create.

As for my least favourite stadium I would have to say Dean Court, Miles out of town, absolute pain in the arse to get away from after the game, shit ground, shit fans, shit away allocation, Also I have not seen us win there in the five times I have been, which probabaly doesnt help.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
The most disappointed I have been was the old Burnden Park
With that superstore built into the stand behind the goal

Belle Vue was pretty sad too

Northampton's cricket ground also

The Dell has to be the worse top flight ground
The Goldstone with no roof on the North was pretty grim too

Never liked Filbert St or Kenilworth either

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Cant say i'm not disappointed with the lack of votes for Selhurst. Come on lads you're slipping

Begrudgingly, your stadium might be the most ramshackle in the PL but it's still got a lot of things going for it - not least that it's in amongst houses and to my mind there are few things lovelier than walking towards a ground as the floodlights light up the nearby houses on a rainy Tuesday night.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Used to be Stoke, but enjoyed my last visit there.

Have done 70 of the current 92 and I'm struggling to think of another that I don't like very much. I'll come back to you!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Ah yes Yeovil, open air terrace kills atmosphere. Nothing of any real note to the town. Shit journey across endless country roads. Yep Yeovil, unless I can think of another.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I think Wimbledon are notable for the poor grounds that they and their successor clubs have inhabited. Plough Lane when they joined the League followed by Selhurst Park. They then decamped to Milton Keynes and a new Wimbledon club used various non-league grounds until they entered the League at Kingston. I wonder if the new ground on the site of the old Dog & Speedway track will be any better.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was gobsmacked last season when I went to Cardiff with a Cardiff supporting mate and a big crew of Brighton to realise the new ground is a stone’s throw from the old one. Even more when mate took us in the Spoons near the station and the Kiwi Bar and it was totally chilled. Even though it was friggin cold and a dour 0-0 it was one of my favourite away trips ever because it was an alcoholic, relaxed laugh.

It just shows how little things can change places. The new ground still bore all the tell tale signs that Tom Gorringe had been involved and made it feel quite homely but Tan had also clearly cleared a lot of the old nutters out.

It’s weird. I really enjoyed having a psycho-free drink up in Cardiff and yet the traditionalist in me hates what they’ve done to the ground and what Tan did with the red shirt nonsense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cardiff is a great city. I love it there.

The natives aren’t as twattish as they used to be.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Another vote for Goodison Park, not fit for purpose.

Infact been let down by quite a few grounds this season, wasnt a fan of the Emirates, boring and souless.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Begrudgingly, your stadium might be the most ramshackle in the PL but it's still got a lot of things going for it - not least that it's in amongst houses and to my mind there are few things lovelier than walking towards a ground as the floodlights light up the nearby houses on a rainy Tuesday night.

And there are three railway stations nearby so you can leave the area easily.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This might be controversial, but Wembley.

The view isn't all that and you need to take out a mortgage to be able to afford to buy refreshment while you're there. Plus the inevitable crush to get on a tube / train out of there and the chancers lurking around trying to con you out of your hard-earned on the way in. Oh sure, there's the glamour of playing there, but Spurs have managed to ruin some of that this season.

Honourable mention for the Ricoh but at least that doesn't pretend to have an illusion of grandeur.

seagullsoverlincoln

Jul 14, 2009
Scunthorpe- a massive trek from the station,and only one pub anywhere near the ground.Also, I was in the home end for the Spurs game at Wembley. Away fans aside,I thought the atmosphere was bland,and the ground too overly corporate for me.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here