Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Which is your least favourite football stadium?

Dawn Korus

Oct 17, 2010
Christmas Island
Some real horrible one like Stokes new ground (Victoria Ground was much nicer), Huish Park, Barnets old ground and the huge slope on it, Hartlepool (more for the surrounding rundown area), QPR (because you can't see the goal from the top tier and Rushden and Diamonds (because I made the mistake of parking in the car park at the ground and it took about 2 hours to get out) but for me the worst ground has to be the County Ground Northampton. A small away terrace and to the right a scaffolding temporary main stand, but the joy was the stand to the left which compromised of a long rope and some pallets, behind it was the Northampton Cricket Ground

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
there are few things lovelier than walking towards a ground as the floodlights light up the nearby houses on a rainy Tuesday night.
True, though a fat drunk man baring his ******** and calling you a paedophile does tarnish the Idyll.
And there are three railway stations nearby so you can leave the area easily.
Unless of course you are marched to the least convenient one.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I loved the Withdean for the memories and even the atmosphere.

But ****ing hell, could you get a worse away view than this?

pict0043.jpg

I hated going here, on a cold snow covered midweek game ....
That is the away end, which is a cow shed...
Kurt Nogan saved the day though....

Attachments

• grassy-bank-springfield-park-wigan.jpg
    grassy-bank-springfield-park-wigan.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 305

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Goodison Park. Not fit for purpose.

Think I'd put Goodison as the most disappointing ground I've been to. Oldest purpose built football stadium in the world and by god, it felt like it.

The worst ground I've been to, without a doubt, was Victoria Road (Dagenham and Redbridge). 3 stands, people standing flat behind the goal (should have a stand in league football) and a pitch made out of clay and sand. Add to this the 9 row terrace with more view obstructing poles than needed. Absolutely terrible.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I hated going here, on a cold snow covered midweek game ....
That is the away end, which is a cow shed...
Kurt Nogan saved the day though....
Funny, I remember it snowed the saturday that Bellendotti got chased out of the ground. Virtually a grass bank. That was a terrible ground. Turf moor for me or boro Shytehole grounds in shytehole areas

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Think I'd put Goodison as the most disappointing ground I've been to. Oldest purpose built football stadium in the world and by god, it felt like it.

The worst ground I've been to, without a doubt, was Victoria Road (Dagenham and Redbridge). 3 stands, people standing flat behind the goal (should have a stand in league football) and a pitch made out of clay and sand. Add to this the 9 row terrace with more view obstructing poles than needed. Absolutely terrible.

I actually 'took' the home that evening!

Well when I say 'took', I punched the air when Glenn scored and nobody said much bar all around me moved a few feet further away.

Pugh aggro , hello, hello!

Gersgull

Oct 26, 2009
SW France
I agree with Edna, it has got to be Fratton Park. The last time I was there I was invited to corporate hostility & that was unbelievably crap.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Worst overall I've been to are Selhurst Park, Withdean and Priestfield.
Worst pitch was Aldershot
Worst aggro was White Hart Lane, Selhurst Park,
Worst stewards at Old Trafford (past), Withdean
Lack of atmosphere: Ashton Gate
Most crowded: City Ground Nottingham, Goldstone
Worst to get to after travel: White Hart Lane, Dean Court (now replaced)
Worst view: Dean Court, White Hart Lane

Last edited:

Tomdibble

Mar 5, 2018
West Norwood London
I guess you have never been to Stoke, Nothing like the two you mentioned above and to add to that easily the loudest noise I have ever heard created by Home fans.

So for that alone even if it was similar to the the three others you mentioned, it would still stand out as a stadium thats done it right with the noise they can create.

As for my least favourite stadium I would have to say Dean Court, Miles out of town, absolute pain in the arse to get away from after the game, shit ground, shit fans, shit away allocation, Also I have not seen us win there in the five times I have been, which probabaly doesnt help.
Agree with southampton. Ok outside terrible inside . Crap location . To top it all they can't work out how to fit an away crowd in allocated space .

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Worst overall I've been to are Selhurst Park, Withdean and Priestfield.

Worst stewards at Old Trafford (past), Withdean

And yet you contributed massively to us staying at Withdean for longer than was absolutely necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
Crawley.
I’m also not keen on the MK experience- not the stadium necessarily but never really enjoy the day when we go there.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here