Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Max Sanders

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
Very impressed by Sanders again. Very assured on the ball, although he hasn't been pressed much. Brereton and Hirst are very frustrating. They seem to struggle to receive the ball with their backs to goal under pressure and frequently concede free kicks in the box.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
England's last group match v France is this afternoon, 4:30 live on Sky Sports football channel.

England only need to draw to qualify for the Semi Final, and also qualify for next years U20 World Cup.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
England's last group match v France is this afternoon, 4:30 live on Sky Sports football channel.

England only need to draw to qualify for the Semi Final, and also qualify for next years U20 World Cup.

Max doesn't start.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Max doesn't start.

I guess that's due to fatigue rather than his level of performance in the first 2 matches. 3 matches in a week must be a stretch when your the fulcrum of the team, always involved, as he is.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate

Even if they finish third, which is the worst they can now do, they will have a play-off with Norway, the third placed team in the other group, for a place at the U20 WC.

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
England struggling to keep hold of the ball, when France occasionally let us have it. Sanders would help in that regard, missing his ability to turn away from trouble and find a white shirt.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Not much point if you can't come in the top half of a group of four.

Not sure I follow you. There's five qualification spots available from this tournament for next year's world cup. The four semi-finalists plus one other.

Bearing in mind that this U19 England team is missing most of its star players (Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Foden, Brewster) as they are having preseasons with their respective clubs, we should actually stand a decent chance at the U20 WC if they are involved next time around.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Not sure I follow you. There's five qualification spots available from this tournament for next year's world cup. The four semi-finalists plus one other.

Bearing in mind that this U19 England team is missing most of its star players (Sancho, Hudson-Odoi, Foden, Brewster) as they are having preseasons with their respective clubs, we should actually stand a decent chance at the U20 WC if they are involved next time around.

I'm being Welsh.

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
I think that is the worst half of football I've seen from an England side at any level for a long time. France look impressive. An easy excuse would be the high number of absentees, but I suspect France have had the same problem. Can't see any way back in this match. I wouldn't really have high expectations of this lot beating Norway in the U20 WC play-off either. It would be bitterly disappointing if we don't as the players who won the U17 world cup last year won't get an opportunity to compete in the 2019 U20 world cup. They'd be too old for the 2021 tournament.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here